Bitcoin, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and NFTs

HODL? hold on (for) dear life?

That’s really good and sounds sensible nibbling away at it like that.
I sold 0.3 btc before Xmas for a tidy profit (bought 1 coin back in 2015 for £150). Have 0.05 left!

I thought that this was worth a read:

it comes from this

Ever so slightly NSFW language.

Haha. Just realised I couldn’t verify my account because my passport expired a month ago.

:man_facepalming:

Maybe I don’t got the smarts for this here crypty currency.

looks like ripple took a dip. best time to buy right now. i bought £50 of ethereum and made like £12 quid off it lol. i’ve just recently been trying to get into it and understand how it all works and stuff. i currently have something like 132 ripple i think.

Some very interesting points raised in that article, some slight errors though, as mentioned previously the difficulty of producing bitcoin is scaled depending on how many machines and correspondingly how much hash power is on the network.

The reason it’s spiked so much is because more people are trying to get a payout which actually decreases over time, which will probably lead to a lot of people not mining bitcoin anymore.

I’m kind of curious as to the anti-worker aspect since everyone who converts cryptocurrency into fiat, which at some point you’ll need to do will be taxed the same way you would for any appreciating asset.

This is definitely not complete and utter bullshit. (Not your post DB)

1 Like

You’re obviously free to make your own decisions, but to me ripple will keep falling, as I said above.

The run up in price seems to have been driven by hype from the CEO about adoption by banks, which is now being questioned. See below:

Interesting announcement at CES

The market is looking pretty spicey rn mulling over picking up some ADA, ETH (always) and ARK

ARK is going to get me a gold plated lambo by the end of the year

Just when I thought things were getting back to normal

In summary the South Korean Ministry of Justice issued a statement saying that they were going to ban all crypto currency. The Ministry of Finance and I think the blue house have come out and said this is not something they’ve unilaterally agreed on. The end result headlines like this and a huge drop in the market.

Great time to buy some ICON, m7.

Can someone explain to me why bitcoin and other cryptos are referred to as currencies and not just fucking fictitious commodities?

Not all of them are currencies in the conventional sense and some of them you can actually use to buy things.

To be honest, I expect 80% of the market for cryptocurrencies to die off over the next few years, the ones with actual use cases, settling bank to bank transfers, distributed applications and ones that have become large enough to become actual stores of value with an associated price will probably have a price that’s not as volatile as what you’re seeing now.

How much are they paying you for this? :wink:

Hi is everyone alright? Just a quick bit of background on the latest sell-off.

also

If you’re holding onto any spare fiat and don’t mind waiting until late Jan/Feb to get a return might be a great time to pick up a little more cryptocurrency.

N00b question: what exactly is being mined? Is bitcoin etc actually physical in some way?

mining basically means using computer power to solve a maths puzzle

i realise this sounds ridiculous and doesn’t really answer your question

yes it’s weird

2 Likes

@anon75298087

also the mining aspect refers to the fact that bitcoin is finite, like gold; the world will run out of bitcoin one day

I don’t know if this changed, or is able to change though

2 Likes

Thanks @anon64105032 and @iamwiggy I was seriously getting so confused!