Biting your tongue

ouchie
ouch
tongue

No, not keeping schtum when someone is doing your noggin in! Actually biting that weird muscle in your gob.

When was the last time you bit your tongue?

I seem to have started biting my tongue quite a bit. Over Christmas bit it and it hurt for 2 weeks. Then again last night. Not even just clipping it but proper crunching into flesh omgsopainfulalltheblood

Why is this happening? Why is my tongue in the way? Why do my teeth want my tongue to die? Why are my basic skills regressing? Why have I made a thread with no legs in it?

quite recently actually, reckon it’s probably the first time i’d done it since i were a wee’un

I find once you’ve bitten it once, and then it’s swollen a bit, you start biting it all the time as it’s bigger than it used to be. Then you get locked into a never ending cycle of tongue biting

More annoying

• Biting your tongue
  • Burning the roof of your mouth
  • Biting the inside of your cheek

0 voters

I do it quite a lot because I’m a careless chewer. It’s doubly bad for me because I’m massively prone to ulcers.

this is it. I’m in the tongue biting cycle. I’m in and I’m never getting out.
Also
Really biting your tongue>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hit to the bollocks>tongue nibble

A bad burn lasts longer but the sheer pain of a bad bite on the tongue is fucking horrendous

Whoa, think everyone misread and heard the title

Time can never mend
The careless chewing of a good friend
To the heart and mind
Ignorance is kind
There’s no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you’ll find

all the people saying burning the mouth haven’t TRULY bitten their tongue. Like, a proper shitisthatbitstillattached? bite

More painful, But less annoying imo. Worst thing with a cheek bite is the little strings of flesh that hang there and you can’t do anything about. Annoying.

par for the course m9

Annoying.

I regularly bite my tongue in both senses of that phrase.

But in the actual sense of biting my tongue, I did it recently and it hurt so much that I couldn’t finish my dinner.

I think I have a weird tongue though. I have a geographic tongue.

I’ve got a massive tongue and my wisdom teeth came through pain-free and stayed. So there’s just no room in there, and obviously I bite what I’m not supposed to bite all the time.

Going to need more info on this please.

Likes #geographychat

Burnt my fingers just there toughing it out with a black coffee not holding the mug by the handle. Now I’m the mug.

Best thing is to let a parasite eat and then replace your tongue.

Like this lucky bastard.

It’s that horrible picture of the fish parasite. Click at your own risk.

Absolutely horrendous.

Nature.

I have done this about 3 times in the last 2 weeks, all when I was asleep/half asleep. :frowning: