bits in films and TV where you're like 'wait a minute why are they here all of a sudden'

John Barrowman in Zero Dark Thirty
Frank Leboeuf in The Theory of Everything

1 Like

Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones

1 Like

I watched Collateral last night and Jason Statham is the inverse of this thread premise in that film

Damo from Home & Away in the Matrix

2 Likes

Reggie Perrin in 2001

Alf Roberts from Corrie in Get Carter “you’re a big man but you’re out of shape”

Lovejoy in Sexy Beast (not a big deal seeing him in those kind of parts now, but was jarring at the time)

2 Likes

(It shot in Australia (along with the Star Wars prequels) so there’s loads of Ozzie randos in those films)

Literally anyone from an aussie soap in anything else - even the ones who are quite famous now

3 Likes

I fucking know that Antony!

1 Like

Matt Damon in both Interstellar and Unsane

Robert Carlyle in Yesterday
Ed Sheeran in Yesterday

1 Like

Phil from the Cineworld ads showing up in The Good Liar

Anytime this guy from the Orange ads shows up in things (Person of Interest, Man in the High Castle, Midway)

1 Like

Harchester United’s Curtis Alexander appearing in The Dark Knight

1 Like

Fully lost my head when I clocked it was that fucking prick

1 Like

I remembered you saying it just as the ad started before the film, but had enough sense not to tell my partner - her reaction was much like yours. So glad I didn’t tell her and got to see it!

1 Like

Harchester United’s Liam McKay turning up in Star Wars: Rogue One (see also Horrible History’s Simon Parnaby).

1 Like

Definitely Dennis Pennis in GoT

1 Like

Ed Sheeran in GoT

1 Like

Lovejoy in literally anything that isn’t lovejoy

3 Likes

Like Game of Thrones

2 Likes

Also find it weird when Chris Finch from the office turns up in things, most recently Chernobyl. Always feel the need to say bloody good rep when I see him

11 Likes