Bjork 2022

The streamed concert last night was even better than the first for me. This was the one with the choir. She seemed to really enjoy it. No early problems with her voice or nerves this time around, she was really belting it out. Some really interesting arrangements as well.

I am quite into watching the stream ‘live’ as it is broadcast. Gives much more of a sense of occasion than just watching a DVD or whatever after the event. Having to make sure I am in front of the TV at a certain time does add to it.

4 Likes

Yes, I loved it with the arrangements for choir. Hidden Place was the highlight for me, and getting Human Behaviour in the encore was a real treat.

1 Like

Was a bit dubious about the idea of a choral show but really enjoyed the concert last night – the arrangements of Hidden Place & Who Is It were amazing and really showcased how much is going on in those songs. Thought they were really good at having the different sections of the choir sing all the multiple backing tracks in many of the songs, it all sounded really rich. That version of Unravel with the accordion was also lovely, and a nice throwback to the Post tour which also had an accordionist (and was also the first live show I ever went to). And that deep blue Balenciaga gown was stunning.

1 Like

Probably unlikey, but this does make me wonder if it will be surprise released before the end of the year out of nowhere. Why would you say “Christmas bubble” if you were only planning to release it in the new year?

Can’t remember about Utopia but Vulnicura leaked several months in advance of release – wouldn’t be entirely surprised if they just released it without warning to avoid another leak.

Bjork round on Mastermind last night, from the 10 min mark. I did…not great.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bluedot 2020

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bluedot 2022

2 1/2 years after booking the tickets I am finally at the Orchestral gig in Paris.

Might get myself a poster as a souven-- HOW MUCH?

20 Likes

Enjoy the gig :smiley:

5 Likes

What was it like?

Why didn’t she just call it Bjorkestral?

7 Likes

THAT’S WHAT I SAID!

1 Like

Really great, would have liked 1 or 2 more from Vespertine if I was being picky but I’ve Seen It All and Pluto were particularly amazing.

2 Likes

wow, that was absolutely magical.

the arrangements obviously lent to her voice being front and centre and it was just note perfect: fragile, emotional, emphatic - just phenomenal.

a true artist

10 Likes

It was incredible. Pindrop silent crowd… i was coming up during the set as well so i got all the feels.

Ps in the words of Bjork

FUCK COVID

2 Likes

Hadn’t really followed that as it was an orchestral set it was more likely to be the hits than she’s been doing for the last few years, well jealous now.

1 Like

Has most of her stuff vanished from Spotify for anyone else? :face_with_monocle:

It has.

only biophilia on tidal…

Only got a few albums left. Bastards is one of them

4 Likes