7 Likes

I know.

Tell that to Google and YouTube Music.

@BodyInTheThames they’re at it again

1 Like

bane of my life

link in case @BMS1 is wondering what we’re on about

4 Likes

Listened through a few times and now decided that if you view the singer’s performance as just that, it’s an enjoyable listen. It feels pretentious, but it’s clearly meant to be and I can live with that. Edges over Black Midi for me for being a more enjoyable listen.

1 Like

Still loving this. Got tickets to one of their socially-distant shows in June, just hoping that I can travel down to England to see it with my pal now… Will be my first gig since last Feb.

I love it when short albums are wrongly classified as an EP as it often means download sites will sell it really cheap

Sorry, underpaid musicians

2 Likes

Man I fucking love Black Country, New Road

801B123D-1BF9-4EDE-9C2B-6A0AA5D8BB52

*Nicked from elsewhere as it made me chuckle.

20 Likes

Hello fellow sunglassesposter

1 Like

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

9 Likes

It’s endearingly shy and rambly at times

Sold on the album now. Rather charming, very listenable. Not as pretentious as Black Midi (somehow). Good stuff.

My wife just asked me if I’m listening to a play.

25 Likes

I think I agree - I like it, I admire it, I’d like to see them do it live - but I also hope it’s an interesting precursor to something better.

I automatically read this to myself in an overwrought vibrato, would make such a good lyric for the middle of a BCNR song.

9 Likes

So would this ironically

7 Likes

Is this whole thread just the band workshopping new lyrics?

8 Likes

Just watched the show at the South Bank Centre. Very very good. They sound very Youthmovies in places, comes across more live. That was a very enjoyable hour or so. The choir is definitely pointing to an Arcade Fire direction :slight_smile:

1 Like