Black Mirror

but he’s not a copy? if he dies his virtual thing will die?

Oh yeah. Er someone will do some science and then he’ll be a copy

it’s an MMO designed for multiple people to connect whenever they like, which means that it’ll be designed as a server application running all the time and a thin client to connect to it.

Although he’s running a private modded version,
it doesn’t make sense for him to change the architecture of the game, so he’s probably just got a private server tucked away under the desk with the core simulation running 24/7.

4 Likes

Well also remember that he’s a loner, has no friends, and that the game update went live on Christmas eve after work finished for Christmas. So no one would know he was missing to after new year

And that one of the last things he did was to set a “Do Not Disturb” message on his front door

2 Likes

Watching Metalhead, been spoiled for the robot dogs and I know I’m gonna be so disappointed when it’s not one of these:

You know me so well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually loved it - do wish as @xylo mentioned and have it as non-dialogue all the way through.

Maxine Peake is a genius.

1 Like

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder

3 Likes

I’ve watched the first four and they’re all fine in my book. I think my expectations are lower than some, and I don’t hold the classic episodes in as much reverence as many seem to.

2 Likes

Fucked that up good and proper.

Crocodile

My assumption was that they thought they’d get caught when they got their car fixed, since as soon as you’re a suspect for anything you’re basically going to get found and nicked.

1 Like

Is ‘Crocodile’ a reference - Alan Clarke’s ‘Elephant’?

Up to date now.

A mixed bag as usual, but USS Callister, Metalhead and Black Museum are keepers.

I think it’s just a reference to when kids hold hands in a line when out on a trip, indicating her need to keep killing people to cover her tracks.

Thought these were brilliant which is cool since I thought series 3 was a teeny bit wake up sheeple.

thought they were all good except Arkangel

Just rewatched San Junipero, so brilliantly written

Watched them all

Really enjoyed:
USS Callister
Hang the DJ
Black Museum

Kind of enjoyed
Metalhead
Arkangel

wasn’t that fussed by
Crocodile, partly because the futuristic dystopian aspect seemed to be weirdly shoehorned in?

I’m not going to read up on the thread yet because I only watched the first ep of the new season the other day. Bit silly, wasn’t it. Yes, it was.

Probably watch the second one tonight, but do give me a head up if it’s just not worth it yeah

2 Likes