Black Mirror

@anon19035908 Ashley O: above Blur and Beyonce, only just below Kanye

2 Likes

Can’t argue with the will of the people.

1 Like

Here here

Looks like there’s gonna be a Season 6 after all

Maybe he’s flexed into Utopian Drama given this world can’t really get much worse.

Just had an article pop up ranking the episodes to date best to worst, and was surprised just how radically different it was to my own thoughts:

But then googled someone else’s ranking and it may as well have been ^that one reversed :woman_shrugging:

Reading through the reviews however did make me realise that episodes I had considered weaker in the context of a whole series, I actually had fond (maybe the wrong word, but, you know) memories of almost all of them. I guess the bar for the absolute best (White Christmas/San Junipero) is just set so high maybe…

Nosedive at number 12

What

Its fuckin shite

1 Like

I don’t…mind that episode. But yeah, there are lots more I would put in front of it. Waldo is probably the only real duffer that I wouldn’t revisit.

Waldo was fucking awful.

Some strange rankings in that, especially Colliders number 1.

San Junipero is bloody lovely - maybe the only Black Mirror episode that doesn’t end on the existential dread note? Also the soundtrack by Clint Mansell was stunning.

5 Likes

Should probably actually open this and play it at some point :thinking:

8 Likes

You should, it’s great!

the manches black mirror sweepstake

place yer bets now

• some bozo posting on a music forum realises all the other users are AIs
  • a man uploads his wife’s personality into a microwave but then cheats on her with a new internet radiator
  • the jeremy renner app but in real life
  • heist at an nft gallery
  • stuart heritage becomes addicted to the jeremy renner app
  • an episode that takes place on zoom
  • what if there was a new kind of hotplate that thought you were a twat
  • jeremy renner buys all the apps and incorporates them into the jeremy renner app
  • there’s a new sexually transmitted disease that makes you scream corporate slogans when you cum
  • a romcom and the twist is that it took place in the jeremy renner app all along
  • jeremy renner gets to see what the jeremy renner app would be like if he’d never been born
  • jeremy renner is visited by three ghosts the night before christmas and then he puts better accessibility options on the jeremy renner app
  • what if irl warfare had gacha mechanics for some reason
  • jeremy renner becomes addicted to the stuart heritage app
  • just an episode of screenwipe for old time’s sake

0 voters

• hm

0 voters

5 Likes

I thought the Jeremy Renner app was in real life?

1 Like

Full on laughing at this, thank you

1 Like
2 Likes

It feels like it’s been away for longer than 4 years…most likely due to the pandemic but also because that last season was quite short and low key…felt more like an appendix than anything else. So it’s really 6 years since the last “full” season.

I am intrigued and will almost certainly watch it…but it must be difficult to keep a dystopian TV show fresh and relevant. At some point it could slip into self-parody, if the writing isn’t sharp enough.

2 Likes

I’m quietly excited, definitely wasn’t that fussed by last season or two but feel like a break and all the ideas people could have mulled over during the (highly dystopian) lockdown gives it potential

At the very least, it’s a high budget weird anthology series that usually gets good actors in - that’s enough for me to watch even without the history

2 Likes

This is it really…

I’ve seen a lot of “Make Black Mirror British again” type tweets since the trailer… forgetting that we’re now several seasons into this more polished style. On one hand I get it…those earlier seasons have a homespun jaggedness that made it feel bleaker in tone, but that’s not what the show is now, and some of the best episodes (USS Callister, Nosedive) were essentially like mini Hollywood films.

2 Likes