Black Mirror

I found San Junipero so incredibly boring and I was so disappointed with it. It was an incredibly slow moving story with any real black mirror style action coming in like the last 15 minutes or so. It just felt long and we were going “is something going to happen soon”.

1 Like

I really want to sit down and re-watch the previous episodes which bar White Christmas, I’ve only seen once. I don’t remember any being quite as flawed as The Waldo Moment (which @Ruffers wasn’t quite as eerily prophetic as Arrested Development’s political candidate in their fourth season) but it’ll be interesting how they rank against the recent episodes.

White Bear, National Anthem and Fifteen Million Merits being my previous favourites from the other seasons.

I think it made me realise that I prefer the darker stuff. I’ve found all the others really gripping (though I’ve yet to watch the last one) but San Junipero was dull.

Sorry, I mean to ask also, what was your favourite episode of the Netflix batch?

Really enjoyed last nights episode of Donald Trump winning the US election!!!111twelve!!! *screams internally

I’d like to see a robot eat katie hopkins brain irl

*bee

I had the most fun watching Hated in The Nation. It’s got a couple of minor issues e.g. I don’t think you needed to see the bad guy. The backstory and everything was fine but I would have cut all of the scenes with him. But I thought it was pretty gripping and the creepiest Black Mirror has been.

Really close between that and Men Against Fire. If I stop and think about either of them for long enough I can make a case for either being the best one. San Jalapeno is great but I enjoy miserable shit far too much for that to count.

But but if you say this and the bees read drowned in sound you’ll be fucked!

As above I really liked the idea of a Kelly MacDonald + the other one - slightly in the future detective series.

woman at the start must surely have been based on Hopkins

that’s what I meant

sorry I mean that’s what I meant

1 Like

Yeah Hated in the Nation went into full blown thriller territory didn’t it? But yes I totally agree thatwe didn’t need to see the bad guy. I feel like it works better when they keep the ‘bad’ guys, hidden or behind the scenes like in The National Anthem or Shut Up and Dance .

I found Men Against Fire to be possibly the scariest of the lot. San Junipero could have almost been an episode on another show if it wasn’t for the euthanasia aspects of the storyline.

You see the baddy in National Anthem quite a lot.

Do you? Shit, shows how bad my memory is…

Though saying that the pig fucking is still unfortunately seared into my brain. The rest of the episode is a bit of a blur.

Tbf it’s mostly fleeting glimpses iirc.

I think I’ll rewatch them again over the upcoming weeks. There isn’t much else on…

Last one was good but too long

Think I enjoyed ep5 the most the more I think about it

I’d opened the ‘King of Limbs’ thread at the same time as this one and momentarily wondered what the hell you were talking about for a minute there (I lost myself, I lost myse-e-elf)

I finally got round to watching the final episode last night

loved it

I really liked the Birds influence in the bee attacks, it was very creepy. And I too want to see the 2 main characters back in a spin off series. Both of them were great. It felt good for Black Mirror to effectively set an episode within another TV genre