Blade Runner 2049 (SPOILERS)

I read the ending anyway. I pay for Netflix and NowTV. I’m not belting out for Amazon too.

so this is the sci-fi film thread again is it. Bozos.

no offense mate, but can you stop being a dick all the time?

3 Likes

was tongue in cheek. Calm down dear.

1 Like

it has some of the worst sci-fi concepts I’ve ever seen in a film. There were a fair number of sequences I liked and I thought it was visually pretty good, but my god, some of it is bad. Have you watched the trailer recently?

I like rlm but can do without the plinkett reviews.

nah don’t really know a thing about it. sorta realise it’s gonna be awful but can see myself giving it a go one of these days.

It is deffo not ‘awful’ :+1:

1 Like

I really liked Interstella. However it’s one of those films where part of it was the tension, and wanting to know what happens next dragging you along. I didn’t think Prometheus was toooo bad for the same reasons. However, not sure how either would stand up to watching again. At least Interstella looks amazing.

And Under The Skin was great I thought, in a weird 70s Sci Fi way. Kind of thing you would stumble across on Ch4 back in the day.

Oh, and as for BR 2049. I agree that it appears crash bang shooty shooty, so I have some reservations. However it could just be the trailer. That said as someone said above, nearly all films are frantic these days. I watched The Last Detail recently, great film. And it’s just meandering in points. And not in a bad way, but things have changed a lot.

Saw on FB and had to post

14 Likes

Was going to say Moon, but that was 2009!

argh october is so far away

I’m avoiding any more trailers, how’s it looking?

it looks great imo, but at the same time i think avoiding the trailers is probably a good move - does seem to be showing itself a lot ahead of the release…

Looks absolutely amazing. 2 hours of flying cars and synths is a good thing.

4 Likes

Way too much stuff happening tbh

1 Like

its a trailer. that’s what they do isn’t it, cram loads in to a couple of minutes ? I dunno. Everything I’ve seen so far makes me really excited about it tbh.

1 Like