Blade Runner 2049 (SPOILERS)

Yeah isnt this the reason they disconnect her from the console? It’s implied that then they’d be able to find out what she knows.

1 Like

Like wireless communication suddenly isn’t possible in 2049.
She was disconnected just so they could kill her off.

it is possible but he had to buy a thing!

2 Likes

but Wallace could still get info remotely, surely. My mobile phone gives people tonnes of info.

Spoilers:
So the prostitute he sleeps with is following him. So was it just a coincidence that computer girlfriend just happened to choose her?

to the degree that they eventually smashed the portable console, but disconnecting alone didn’t kill her.

depends on how the Joi program works. It was used as a homing device, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it was connected to a network that would otherwise be able to retrieve any data other than its location.

To the degree that they eventually smashed the portable console, but disconnecting alone didn’t kill her

I think sadpunk meant that the writers/director could kill her in service to the plot. Yet another lazy ‘girlfriend-in-the-fridge’ cliche.

2 Likes

They had the daughter making memories for them, and this was one of the memories though?

that was her own memory and they weren’t aware of the memory in question

1 Like

Enjoying the ‘I didn’t like it because of the hypothetical sequels that don’t exist’ chat in here.

6 Likes

As for me - thought it was absolutely stunning and very compelling. Not perfect story-wise maybe (definitely a bit too much exposition) but I really think the visual effects and direction verge on ‘masterpiece’.

1 Like

Isn’t it more, “I liked it less because it didn’t feel like a complete film as they’re setting it up for a sequel”?

1 Like

I’VE NOT SEEN THE FILM YET AND I’M READING THE SPOILERS ANYWAY!!!

Now THAT my friends is PUNK

1 Like

Just stare at a picture of Ryan Gosling while letting off an air-horn. That’s 80% of the film.

9 Likes

Think about some bad ideas for sequels but dont really put any effort into any of them

wouldn’t even say I liked it less because of that because it’s all theoretical anyway. It’s like the minorest of gripes at this point. (Unless we start getting a series direct-to-DVD sequels like Starship Troopers and Universal Soldier and whatnot, anyway. “Blade Runner: All’s Fair in Luv and War”)

liked it

incoming hot take: harrison ford’s performance is worse than leto’s

1 Like

edit:
oh it’s back, as you were

edit:
fuck off, sean

1 Like

Just in from it, sad big banter Dave Batista was killed off in first scene stopped paying attention after that

Nah but for real it was awesome, loved things like how it’s release date is a plot point, (noticed this particularly as it’s my birthday in 4 years time)], how they got that scene from Her to work, how it took it’s time to let the story develop, how every frame was jawdropping, gosling’s casting and ford’s interactions with him.

The last 5 minutes had me basically in tears, just an overwhelming experience

1 Like