Blaydon Races Sunday

Morning lads and lasses!

I’m meeting my mam and sister for breakfast before they leave, then marking some exams. I’ve got 56 left and Facebook reminded me that I had 103 left at this point last year.

How are your smiling faces? Will you be going down any roads or seeing any races?

4 Likes

Off to get measured for the purpose of suit buying. Also got to pick up some Hungarian currency. Then off to the gym

Morning.

I’m off to Lidl.

17 Likes

What is Blaydon Races?

Currently lying on the sofa enjoying some skin-to-skin time with this little mole

27 Likes

It’s a folk song from the North East set on the 9th of June.

I don’t think I’ve met anyone who knows all the words but most people from the area know the rhythm and the lines about all the lads and lasses/with all their smiling faces/ gannin down the Scotswood Road/ to see the Blaydon Races!

I’m drinking all the tea. Had a cracking time, and more importantly, no hangover!

10 Likes

On the way to work. Was awake mega early so did some jobs that needed doing. Listening to Rancid to try and blast the tired away.

A Geordie song.

I WENT TO BLAYDON RACES TWAS ON THE 9TH OF JUNE, EIGHTEEN HUNDRED AND SIXTY TWO ON A SUMMERS AFTERNOON

1 Like

My dad knows all the words and will sing it all to you at the slightest provocation

1 Like

Almost missed this as the daily thread because of it tbh

2 Likes

Ganning ALANG the Scotswood Road, man.

1 Like

Just hit the Stella at 9 am. No guilt, it’s my freakin’ birthday, and one has to get over turning thirty King Canuting four.

Will be great fun later, afternoon curry with my da’ and evening barbecue with my next door neighbour who’s like Benny from ABBA gone feral.

9 Likes

Man, they’ve really pushed the boat out for this year’s NetRunnerCon.

2 Likes

^ still drunk

3 Likes

Just a totally chilled out day.

aw balls I need to do gardening today

HBfoe!

1 Like

Happy birthday! :beers: X

1 Like

Moooorning,
Had a coffee, now enjoying a cracking smoothie (think the new blender is the love of my life, gonna eat all my foods puréed like a baby bird), listening to chumbawamba
Sunday!

4 Likes