Blaydon Races Sunday

IMG_20190609_095144

Just smashed this and a tin of Starbucks. Need to do some serious tidying today as a friend is coming to stay next weekend.

4 Likes

Hi Keith, my plans for the day are gannin alang to Morrisons so probably won’t see many smiling faces, it is usually carnage.

However I am very happy, Julien Baker last night was proper life affirming stuff, one of the best gigs I’ve been to in a very long time.

3 Likes

Going to ikea with my bro and nephews, probably the most idiotic thing anyone will be doing today.

2 Likes

It’s going to be 33C (92F) here today, so I’m hiding inside all day, eating summer fruit and reading.

2 Likes

About to nap with the new Biosphere album while the TV does some quality mum amd baby time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

La-la-la-la-la-la not listening. Bit gutted that I missed this.

glad you enjoyed it really

Just realised I put my pants on inside out this morning.

2 Likes

Just met up with @whiterussian and sank a couple of £10 beers. Lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

9 Likes

I’ve finished my marking for this afternoon (35 papers left) but Wor Lass’s friend arrived about ten minutes with her boring husband and I don’t really want to go downstairs while I have an excuse to stay up here.

I’ve got half a bottle of tonic in the fridge but I drank all the gin last night.

Has anyone got any good suggestions for using it?*

I do have NA gin but I feel like I could do with a change.

*I’m not buying more gin today and I don’t have any vodka.

water your plants with it.

Pour it down the sink, that’s the only thing tonic’s good for

4 Likes

I love squash with tonic water. Nice bittersweet thing going on.

5 Likes

Ooft this is like when a favourite celeb turns out to be a bad person

3 Likes

Me too, pal. Orange squash to be specific.

1 Like

Tonic makes my face go :confounded::confounded::confounded:

1 Like

Summer fruits for me. You get a sober negroni kinda taste

2 Likes

A Nogroni.

2 Likes

Thanks for this suggestion.

@NeilYoung and @laelfy are on the naughty list.

2 Likes

I just like it on it’s own. Got some rhubarb tonic for later in fact.

3 Likes