Bleedin' 'Orrible Creatures (AVOID IF SQUEAMISH)

this is kind of beautiful in a way though:

Before silverfish reproduce they carry out a ritual involving three phases, which may last over half an hour. In the first phase, the male and female stand face to face, their quivering antennae touching, then repeatedly back off and return to this position. In the second phase the male runs away and the female chases him. In the third phase the male and female stand side by side and head-to-tail, with the male vibrating his tail against the female.[11] Finally the male lays a spermatophore, a sperm capsule covered in gossamer, which the female takes into her body via her ovipositor to fertilize her eggs.

2 Likes

Spider wasp

Stings spider to paralyze it, lays it eggs in the spider, they feed on it, apparently leaving the vital organs to last to keep it alive as long as possible. BOKE.

Not a creature, but a fungus

Freaking nature man.

Actually really liked the way Last of Us took the idea of this fungus mutating to create the ‘zombies’ though.

1 Like

That stuff’s actually worth a fortune- China’s prized caterpillar fungus is worth its weight in gold | South China Morning Post

phwoar

1 Like

this does not stop me from wanting to stomp the fuck out of them when i see them

remember once when I was a kid some ladybirds had laid eggs or something in the taps of the bath so for ages sometimes when I would run a bath bits of dead ladybird would come out of the tap and float in the water.

mmmmm bugs

we had a dead pigeon in our chimney once and one day approximately 23 million flies came out and had a party in our house for the day

2 Likes

two separate stories obvs

makes you realise how amazing it is that we have nearly completely insulated ourselves from all the gross and horrible shit nature does.

Grimly beautiful.

1 Like