• I regularly give blood
  • I used to give blood but am no longer able to
  • I have never given blood

0 voters

I have had a blood transfusion
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Used to give blood regularly, haven’t for a long time because I always found it hard to get an appointment around work hours, always intend to start going regularly again.

Had low iron last time I tried, since going veggie. Haven’t tried since lockdown but gotta smash those leafy greens :green_salad:

1 Like

I used to give blood, but it was hard to get the blood out, and I have a tendency to pass out on the floor afterwards, so they told me to please stop.

1 Like

They won’t let me give blood because I get too woozy afterwards. I actually quite like the feeling of being a bit spaced out and wobbly but apparently it’s not ethical so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This sort of question on an Internet forum sounds like a set up for a horror film

When donating, looking at the digital timer and trying to beat your PB

• I do this
  • this is foolish

0 voters

I’m the one who should watch out really, declaring that I’m full of expensive luxury O- blood.

1 Like

Boring old O+

Have you seen Mad Max Fury Road? A cautionary tale for you

Haha sucks to be them thinking that I’m healthy and a good source of blood

I’ve got great veins, but have a medical issue where my blood pressure suddenly drops, so good luck getting much out of me. I’m probably one of the few people whose doctor reminds to eat plenty of salt.

1 Like

You have the best blood type as you can give or receive A,B or AB. My son is AB+

1 Like

Used to drink loads of water before giving blood to make it pump quicker!

I have a few friends who give blood. I know they give blood because every time they do so the post about it on FB and instagram. Part of me thinks FFS look at them saying how great they are again. But then part of me thinks well it may well make someone else give blood. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

No opposite, he can only receive from other RH- types. Slightly better than being O- though. I’m screwed if I ever get into a car crash in a country where O- is rare.

fistpumpkid.jpg

Better get into all my near fatal accidents in the UK, Ireland, France or Spain.