Blossoms and Rick Astley are performing two Smiths cover shows

Neil Morrissey was on a tv sketch show years back where he did a skit of “Neil Morrissey sings Morrissey” but annoyingly no footage of it seems to be online.

Neil Morrissey and Andrew Marr

2 Likes

never heard of them until 5 mnutes ago where they were mentioned in another thread. Don’t think i’ll give them a listen.

it was that thread!

1 Like

This looks good tbh

4 Likes

This seems extremely funny, I like it. I admire how Rick Astley seems to have taken being memeified (and not really in a way that’s very flattering to him) and worked with it. Also this seems like something that would annoy Morrissey a great deal, so that’s nice.

2 Likes

It was shit

1 Like

Still waiting for that Men Behaving Badly reunion are we?
Grow up Martin, you’re Doc Martin now and you need to start behaving like it!

I’m pretty familiar with Blossoms. Not a huge fan, bit too MOR for me but they have some genuinely excellent pure pop songs. Like, ahem…

I also remember Sleaford Mods once got into a Twitter row with Blossoms for comparing them to Savage Garden. :thinking:

• Blossoms
  • Savage Garden
  • Sleaford Mods

0 voters

2 Likes
7 Likes

Trouble at t’Mill. If it was Morrissey they had upset, I’d just be laughing.

4 Likes

Fuck ‘im.

Probably just pissed he wasn’t asked to join them.

I mean, if stories are to be believed then Blossoms are pretty tossery by all accounts.

Second/third hand story;
They named themselves after a pub round here and then recently tried to turn up and use the private room of said pub with no notice. Landlady pretty much told them she didn’t care who they were and why their band was called that and to sling their hook.
Might be why Marr is referring to them as ‘The’ Blossoms up there.

It’s just occurred to me (not sure if it’s intentional on Ricks part), that Rick and Morrissey have very similar hairstyles.

1 Like

Wonder what the back story is

1 Like

He must just hate Blossoms perhaps?

4 Likes

20 quid says it something between Blossoms and his son.

1 Like