Blur - Wembley 8 July

Probably an Ireland show maybe.

1 Like

Still rumbling around the quiet reaches of twitter/reddit/tumblr, but nowhere most people would notice. Someone pulled together a bunch of stuff just last week, some of which I hadnā€™t seen before.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a lot of money, especially with fairly weak support.

1 Like

God the lads wtih proper haircuts type are going to sandbag the supports. Wouldnt want to go for that reason alone

2 Likes

The first mention of the gig I saw on twitter was thus:

A proper band should have proper haircuts (in my often right opinion)

18 Likes

Not intended a slight on those that have been booked; apologies to them if itā€™s come across that way - but IMO as an overall bill, itā€™s missing the level of second tier act that Iā€™d expect for a ton.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Oh bloody hell. The person that runs that account has sometimes been shown to be quite open minded and decent, and then you read something like that.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m with you on that. Slowthai will be good waiting-at-the-bar music, Self Esteemā€™s toured so aggressively Iā€™m surprised sheā€™s not booked for my mumā€™s Christmas dinner, Jockstrap decent but totally unsuitable for daytime stadium slot. Just doesnā€™t feel as well curated as it potentially couldā€™ve been for the price point.

Self Esteem seem to play absolutely everything too, would rather have someone you couldnā€™t see at every other festival going for that price (BST and All Points East tend to be better at booking acts like that).

Does just feel like Damonā€™s bringing along a few people heā€™s got working on the next Gorillaz record. Donā€™t mind any of the artists, but could do better both in terms of playing to the crowd, or trying to introduce them to some exciting new acts

1 Like

13 Likes

Its a shame Blur arenā€™t doing APE. Thatā€™d be so much better than a Wembley gig.

Iā€™m sure this will sell out given theyā€™ve not played for so long, but I am interested to know whether thereā€™s a breaking point for these prices for big shows. Three figures for standing that doesnā€™t even get you to the front feels crazy, takes me from ā€œprobably not but potentiallyā€ to absolutely no chance, suspect Iā€™m not alone.

Theyā€™ve probably worked out itā€™s more profitable even if they donā€™t sell it out or something. Bit depressing.

5 Likes

Out of several groups of friends Iā€™ve been speaking to about it there is lotā€™s of annoyance at the price but most are going to swallow itā€¦ although aggrieved about it.

But if they were any cheaper Lonelady would be mad about it.

3 Likes

oh dear im not ready to start thinking about this yet!

For a couple of recent gig announcements ie Depeche Mode at Ā£80ish each I have thought, canā€™t afford that at the moment, but neither can everyone else so can safely leave it for a bit and save up, for them to sell out instantly so I just donā€™t know anymore. This Blur price is just silly.

1 Like