Board game suggestions

Also it is 1/3 off toys (in board games) at Tezza at the moment.

Bargain!!!

What can I say, I was cold.

I want to get into Dice Masters (loved Dragon Dice back in the day), but just wish they’d bring out a theme that isn’t superheroes (bleugh) or DnD. (I like trad.fantasy DnD stuff but it’ll fall flat in this house).

Have you heard about Destiny? Fantasy Flight Star Wars-themed dice and card battler thingy. Came out last month.

Ooooh. I’ll check that out. None of us here like sci-fi, but we got well into the X-Wing miniatures game. Star Wars gets a pass. Cheers mate :+1:

Can’t think what the other game I was going to try force upon the rest of the house was now… :confused:

No problem.

I bought a bunch of X-Wing stuff but we rarely play it because our table isn’t quite big enough and playing it on the floor is really uncomfortable.

I had half a mind to do some local tournaments when Netrunner’s not happening, but cba.

I also like Balderdash.

2 Likes

My bf and I are pretty similar to that. Sometimes I feel I can just look at him and he knows the answer.

I should have married Jon.

Just this weekend we bought two 1mx2m mdf boards and hinged them together for the tabletop. Best thing we’ve done in ages. Netrunner always been tempting. I’ll have to have you show me the ropes one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Linkee is ace! Last time I played it, though, I was on a bit of a crap team and we got annihilated :confused:

Oooh, Robinson Crusoe’s Cursed Island is :+1:

Still big fans of Carcassonne here. Few expansions were a bit clunky, but it’s still a easy-to-pick-up one.

games I’ve really enjoyed recently:

and the game I’ve honestly had the most fun playing over the past 5 or so years:

I endorse this game. Good fun.

@Epimer. Heh, looked up Dragon Dice on BGG…

“2-4 Players. Community: 2-4. Best: none” :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Came in to say Scattergories

Played Codenames for the first time last night. Was really good fun, but also annoying when people don’t get your excellent clues.

I really like Ticket to Ride. I get why Epimer doesn’t like it but it’s a cut above the standard family-friendly shite, it’s relatively inclusive and I’ve always had a lot of fun playing it.

Pandemic is another that’s easy to pick up and great but some people find it a bit stressful. My parents refuse to play it now :sweat_smile:.

Why is board game artwork so shite (with some notable exceptions).

Also there are some recommendations in here: 🎲 Board Game Thread for DiS 2.0 🎲

Dunno what you’re talking about, pal.