Boats

I like Below Deck. I think it’s a very entertaining boat based show.

1 Like

A couple of college friends of mine bought a narrowboat to live on at the start of their careers. Then they saw sense and bought a house. Then the narrowboat sank.

3 Likes

ftfy

i like how submarines are boats, even though it feels like they shouldn’t be

1 Like

Technically - technically - they’re actually blimps

3 Likes

no, i don’t like that

4 Likes

I was last on a boat a week ago. The scenery looked something like this:

3 Likes

Technically

Always a billion times colder than you’ll expect it to be.

2 Likes

Did quite a lot of boating for holiday last week. Did this bad boy…

And this quaint little chap…

2 Likes

Ah this is a common boating mistake. You’re not actually “on” a boat there. You’re “near” a boat.

PCBE

Not if it’s a hotboat

My sister and her family live on a boat. Actually over time it has become 3 and will be 4 boats. It’s definitely somewhere between living in an actual house and camping.

I’m not practical enough to live in a boat and hate all the bugs and dirt and stuff.

1 Like

This 4 hour boat ride in Japan was one of my favourite mornings ever. Complementary welcome croissant, noodle bar, little volcano eruption for out departure, beautiful weather, calm seas, on board sauna, booze vending machine, mysterious lecture theatre, flying fish.

6 Likes

They should probably get off soon before it breaks up completely.

1 Like

Father in law had a fantastic boat when I first moved to Sweden

but apparently the one he had before that was even better

But he’s downsized 3 times over the years and finally sold his last boat a couple of years ago

shame, Stockholm summer boat life was pretty great c.2008-2015

I also had a job 2015/2016 where I did a boat commute into town and back each day for a year, that was pretty great too

3 Likes

Probably accurate actually tbh

1 Like

I’ve linked this guy too many times on this board but it really is the best series I’ve seen on Youtube, about a guy who buys an old speedboat (from the 1970’s) restores it (that’s a whole other series of videos in itself) and then pilots it around the UK set to fantastic music with brilliant drone shots and interspersed with lovely stop motion animation.

1 Like

I’m going to be on a boat later today