Bob Bob Bobbing Along: The Weekly Football Thread

goallazio
oooooooft
thunderbastard

Let’s get this party started, it’s gone 5pm, ffs!

City will slip up against rudderless Newcastle, absolutely guaranteed. All the other big boys will absolutely piss their games, especially Manchester United.

Big euro games include Lyon v PSG and Inter v Roma.

Shoot…

Rafa Facebook Messenger’d me to say he planned to lose our remaining January games to make a shitty point about lack of transfer funds.

Sorry champ x

One of those games where one side looks so unlikely to win by every measure that they’ll probably manage it.

Newcastle are 6/1 double chance, so you get the draw as well. 25/1 to win.

We don’t have enough fit defenders to steal a 0-0 and we don’t have enough goalscorers to score the required 4 against you.

I wouldn’t even be backing both teams to score.

Got a nice little wager on Brighton to pull it out of the bag against Chelsea and their injury stricken, suspension depleted, Norwich-fearing, Crouch and Carroll bothering squad. Feel like every fresh faced promoted team gets at least 1 upset per season and this could be ours

I did some research, Keith, and found that sides who go on long unbeaten runs tend to win just four of ten once that run ends.

Away win.

The Eredivisie returns from the winter break with the biggest game of the year: De Klassieker in Amsterdam.

The reigning champions haven’t won this one since 2005. RVP is unlikely to make the game, as his transfer has not been completed yet.

1:30 PM kick-off, live on Sky Sports Red Button

Tonight’s watching?

• Vitoria v Sporting
  • Derby v Bristol City
  • Hertha v Dortmund
  • Caen v Marseille
  • Getafe v Bilbao
  • Fuck off, mate

0 voters

Was gonna watch the African Championship if anything

So you’re backing a Newcastle win too?

Best get the winter fuel payment on this.

got my friend and his dad’s season tickets in the (extra-)quiet section of OT for the Huddersfield Town game on the 3rd. I’m going to look for a split United/Town scarf before the match and wear it for the rest of my life.

The big derby!

isn’t that Town vs City?

ON My way to the Olympiastadion just now, so plastic lol

No, they are kindred spirits. Don’t think they bother segregating the fans for that one

Think Utd will draw tomorrow. Drew against em at Old Trafford and they generally do well against bigger teams at home (I think)

I’m not even sure if you’re joking anymore.

that newcastle v city fixture was one of the most tippytappers vs the bus fixtures in recent memory

this one will be 10-0

Not won in eight against the top sides.

Won 4 of 21 home games against top six clubs since getting promoted in 2009.

The 6:1 was fun. Aguero scored five in 19 minutes. Should’ve ended about 10:1.

Can’t shake the image i’ve got of Joselu absolutely merking KJS.