Bob Dylan thread (Rolling)

I had Changing of the Guard down as the ‘big song’ from that record. Absolutely love Senor though,

‘Can you tell me where we’re headin’
Lincoln County Road or Armageddon?’

Also, think i’ve said before, I love the ‘confused American tourist on vacation’ vibe of the album cover photo.

1 Like

this is definitely the one on various best-ofs (and as a result the only song i’ve heard from the album)

1 Like

Watching Don’t Look Back for the first time in ages.
Man it’s so good. The footage is just incredible, Dylan’s so young. Hard to imagine the impact this had way back then, unreal.

4 Likes

noticed it was on BBC4 the other night but i’d missed most of it, but good to see it’s on iPlayer. i think i’ve only seen it when i rented it from LoveFilm 10 years ago

1 Like

Been doing a chronological deep dive into all Dylan’s albums and I reckon Brownsville Girl might be his best song you know.

1 Like

Been getting down on the rolling thunder stuff. Those live versions of Isis are outrageous.

6 Likes

Holy hell I went hard on The Bootleg Series, Volume 5 - Bob Dylan Live 1975 after watching Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese - Wikipedia. I agree with you that Isis slaps but by GOD A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall from that album just sends me feral, it is so good.

3 Likes

So.Fuckin.Good.

2 Likes

Had a live version of Idiot Wind from this period crop up on YouTube and it is so good.

Not generally one for live albums but if that is indicative I may have to check this out.

2 Likes

this is a staggering version:

4 Likes

Picked up a copy of the Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid soundtrack at a garage sale last weekend. Just stuck it on now and enjoying it but keep picturing Bob’s daft wee character from the film.

Weird how you could just listen to something on Spotify but it would never occur to you to do it.

1 Like

Good point, added it on Spotify. I absolutely love Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door from this album.

1 Like

Fifteen takes of ‘Caribbean Wind’ PLEASE

4 Likes

This new concert film sounds interesting. Buck Meek helping him out on guitar!

Unreleased tracks from Infidels sessions please!

4 Likes

had on nashville skyline earlier, so fucking good. now i’ve got blood on the tracks on, probably about 4 of my all time 10 favourite tracks ore on this.

and jesus fucking christ Idiot wind…i’m not sure for me anything ever has got better than that.

9 Likes

subject to change. :joy:

1 Like

now there’s a wall between us
something there’s been lost
i took too much for granted
i got my signals crossed
:cry: :sob: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes