Bob Dylan thread (Rolling)

Bit of a shame he didn’t make a full record with that kind of sound around that point.

TBH I’d absolutely love to hear some songs off Rough and Rowdy Ways live. Brilliant record, 80 years old!!

2 Likes

bunch of albums at £12 or £17 for double LPs, plus a “collector’s magazine”

1 Like

Is this the Dylan series that started appearing in newsagents every couple of weeks a while back, but then fizzled out (at least I stopped seeing them)?

1 Like

Yep looks like it I bought the 2nd issue for a fiver when it came out which was Times They Are A-Changin. A very good copy taken from the 2018 Italian pressing apparently.

1 Like

i think Times They Are A-Changing was the first issue (presumably the debut album wasn’t enough of a draw so they swapped the first and third albums for a bit more of a sell). i bought it too, absolute bargain price

i noticed Bending Sound record shop in Bangor is selling them now for £9, might go and get a couple but can’t decide which ones

1 Like

Leave your phones at home kids.

Good thing about phones at gigs - the ability to have a means of communication with the outside world in case of an emergency ffs

Don’t think you need more justification than that (plus yknow personal choice and free will)

1 Like

Reddit seemed to suggest it was a vanity thing for Bob and not wanting himself filmed in old age (and probably singing badly)

Bought a couple of these and the pressings sound so good that I’ve gone back for more.

1 Like

Actually nothing better than a couple of beers on a Thursday night revisiting these.

Got bringing it all home on (my personal fave)

1 Like

Got a wee dylan night happening masel this Thursday :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow I thought they might be absolutely budget considering the price. Might jump in.

1 Like

As has been mentioned in the thread they were some sort of magazine release. Only listened to bringing it back home and it’s beautiful (i do own a 60s copy too)

Damn made me want to get some now, only posted for the fans but I could do with expanding my Bob knowledge

1 Like

It’ll be this series. I’m not into vinyl but I’ve only heard good reports about the pressings.

2 Likes

Come all without, come all within
You’ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within
You’ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn

3 Likes

4 Likes

Case dismissed “with prejudice”, ie. it’s definitively closed and can’t be brought again. Not entirely unsurprisingly for anyone who’s been following it; the plaintiff’s lawyers are clearly disreputable hacks.

6 Likes

WHAT.A.TUNE

7 Likes