Bob Mortimer: Rolling thread

https://aca.st/538716

2 Likes

“Of course Bob, the best thing about being in the Beatles was all the free sweeties”

4 Likes

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Oh my god, this is getting a hard listen today. I love jim moir on podcasts so much :laughing: the Richard Herring one he did years ago is so good.

1 Like

Had no idea this existed.

2 Likes

Bob’s funny, what’s new

6 Likes
2 Likes

Madeley was a big Gary Glitter fan!

We do beg your pardon
But we are in your garden

Can’t stop thinking/singing this in my head

6 Likes

Can i offer a Bob HOT TAKE?

the Train Guy stuff is shit

2 Likes

Mate, you need to helicopter it and view it in the round not just take it at face yeah

7 Likes

He’s on Would I Lie to You tonight according to the TV guide FYI

2 Likes

The greatest birthday gift ever :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Never knew this. Or had forgotten.

Marot got backstage in time to see Cocker being put into a police van and carted off. “We went back into the auditorium to try and find a sober lawyer, which was really difficult by that point,” he says. They managed to locate John Statham, a lawyer who volunteered to help. They also procured some surprising backup. Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer had been on one of Island’s tables that year, too, and with the caveat that he was a qualified conveyancing lawyer, Mortimer said he’d come along and try to help. “The four of us went to Kensington police station,” explains Marot. “Nick Angel was a bit pissed and Bob Mortimer was a bit pissed, too. At one point, the duty officer said to me, ‘If your friends don’t back off, I’m gonna put them in the fucking cell, too.’” Outside the station, Vic Reeves held up a sign saying, “Free the Jarvis 1”.

6 Likes

Vic and Jools Holland have a podcast. Bob’s on the 2nd or 3rd one and he tells the Jarvis story in great detail. It’s unsurprising very funny.

4 Likes

Will be listening to this, ta.

!

5 Likes

This had made me enjoy Jools Holland for the first time in my life

Squeeze were good

3 Likes

i still haven’t read his autobiography but i am excited about this

1 Like

3 Likes