Bon Iver 22, A Million

He’s been sleeping in a stable, mate.

1 Like

I liked that one ‘#29 Strafford APTS’ but it mostly just sounds like a pile of shite.

Edit: This fucking reply system!

It’s no Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if he’s been sleeping in a stable?

1 Like

Nah mate

Not even heard it yet, but fairly sure I’m gonna love it

1 Like

Tough crowd.

1 Like

22 (OVER S∞∞N) gives me legit chills, but it’s early days. 10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄ coming straight afterwards is a bit jarring. So many vocal effects now…

1 Like

4 Likes

It’s pretty bad, aye

I AM THE STABLE

8 Likes

Because it’s so decisive I ha e high hopes

The good bits are really good, but the shit bits are really, REALLY shit.

Wow, did not expect this reaction on here! Listened to it three times today and I’m going to say it’s very good. Experimental, and probably more than a little bit pretentious, but calling it things like “laughable” and “unlistenable” is a little daft to these ears (apologies if this was trolling and I’m :fishing_pole_and_fish:). Glitchy and difficult but a really strong set of melodies.

In short, in now fully on board with this

2 Likes

Quite enjoyed my first listen but I’ll admit I wasn’t totally paying attention

I didn’t stick to this plan…

I’m confused by the reactions on here…not just because I really like it, but also because it’s not really that obtuse or experimental. There’s loads of melody to be found…I found my first listen comparable to my first listan of s/t, beautiful but interesting in equal measure.

I guess contxt is important…this is the guy who released For Emma after all… I also listened to the new Nicolas Jaar and Jenny Hval today, and 22, A million is the most accessible but derided listen of the three.

5 Likes

This is selling it to me, I’m going in

1 Like

Somebody tell me what the really good bits are so that I can listen to them first then go into the rest of the album with some positivity. Cos I started at the beginning just then and I didn’t really want to carry on

Really enjoying this, took a few plays for some of the tracks to start to gel but my god, there are some absolutely gorgeous moments on this album. Definitely a lot going on but there are some beautiful songs in amongst it all. Have a feeling this could be another album that divides people like A Moon Shaped Pool does.

Not sure you went hard enough here. Possibly should have picked a late Beatles album or In Utero?

2 Likes