Bond - No Time to Die (spoilers)

They should put it on at Christmas like the good old days.

Eventually it will be on ITV every Sunday afternoon, for the rest of our lives.

6 Likes

Yep. I’m holding out for that.

Don’t, if possible. There’s a massive one that you would regret reading about in advance.

3 Likes

Bearing in mind that the answer to any film conundrum is “magic”, there was a semi-plausible way for Bond to get rid of his nanobots.

Nanobots are teeny tiny robots. Bond had an electronic pulse weapon in his wristwatch. He could have set that off and destroyed all his nanobots rather than waste it on that shit villain whose eye kept falling out.

5 Likes

i will probably write something a bit longer later, but i really don’t understand how his earpiece was working after he used his EMP watch?

4 Likes

Got to assume Q is good enough to make his own technology immune or something.

1 Like

they say something about “it has the power to smash anything hard wired” or seomthing, so i was half expecting it not to blow the guys eye, and bond remember that and be like “oh shit!” and then it coming back later as a Signs/Water Glass/Baseball bat thing. Oh spoilers for Signs.

And then nothing.

Also, was pretty sure that injecting them witch smartblood was an out as well. maybe that’s the point, we were expecting the outs to work, but not this time.

1 Like

i really enjoyed it.

• looked amazing
  • best car chase in ages
  • the bit in the woods was brilliant
  • the opening was scary
  • the mask was great
  • lashana lynch should have been 007 for the whole movie, and bond should’'ve been 009 or something

i think that the next one should be lashana lynch trying to recruit a new “bond” whilst also doing 007 stuff, and then she finds them, and then the rest of the cast stays the same as they’re all great.

also, she actively calls the new person “the new bond” in the film, and it ends with the new bond being really good, saving everyone, them turning to someone at the end and assuming the james bond name as a code name (using your ACTUAL name is just nonsense) and they give them 007 as lashana lynch is promoted to 001 or something.

3 Likes

Yeah I really hope they retain ‘the gang’. The ending seemed to… suggest they would.

It’ll be on Amazon soon I’d imagine seeing as they’ve just bought MGM.

Hope they retain the rest of the cast. Really can’t be doing with a James Bond Verse to be honest. Although I will accept Nomi spin off just not a Q spin off of how he invented the plane used at the end. etc.

1 Like

I like Ben Whishaw but it’s hard to not think of Paddington every time he speaks

11 Likes

Nathan barley for me

4 Likes

To echo some thoughts of others and adding some of my own:

I really really loved the long take in the stairwell. Felt like I was there. Incredibly intense moment.

The baddie was a weak part of it for me. Also I felt a little weird watching a Bond film a) after a pandemic and b) before imminent climate collapse. The stakes of a single baddie don’t seem so significant because of that maybe? Dunno.

The supporting characters were also mostly great. Really liked the kid. She gave a great performance honestly.

Thought Craig was a bit hit and miss. He really only delivered about 70% of his lines IMO. Would be interested to go back and watch some of his other Bond films and see if he was better in those.

The ending sequence on the island was all great and the very end of that was generally pretty well done (think the score might have gone a little OTT at that moment but maybe that’s just me. I’m a fan of what they did with it though.

3 Likes

Avoided the big spoiler and I’m so glad I did: it was magical seeing Hugh Dennis on the big screen with no prior warning

21 Likes

^this

But I kept wondering, why did they cast him in a Bond film as a scientist, out of all the available English actors?

They just wanted to shoot him.

4 Likes

Great agent.

1 Like

007? Yeah he was good

1 Like