Books you've read that you don't reckon anyone else on here has

Various Philip k dick books, including but not limited to valis, radio free abelmouth, the three stigmata of palmer edrich, Ubik, a maze of death.

The last is one of my favourites, and these books prompted my small collection of books with cool 1970s Sci fi art.

only read Ubik out of those, it’s real good

2 Likes

Yeah it’s one of his absolute best imo! Most of his stuff I’ve read has been at least entertaining, I’d recommend giving them a go!

@anon82218317 seems I have underestimated the popularity of strange mid period Philip k dick books!

Any and all Norwegian language books I’ve read that have not been translated

Easy

I’ve read all of those listed, and pretty much all his sf (haven’t read some of his early, non-genre fiction).

1 Like

None of you have read this (poetry that a friend of mine published):

And you haven’t read this (but you should; autobiography of a great NZ writer, Jane Campion filmed it as An Angel at My Table)

Valis is so amazingly great

2 Likes

“Enemy of the State” by Tommy Robinson

Blew my 15 year old mind.

I’ve read a David Ickes book ‘infinite love is the only truth’ which I would recommend if you want to read about someone recontextualising reality

It also contained this

try harder guys - I’ve read every single one of these.

1 Like

Read that. Amazing how boring such horrors get after a few hundred pages.

I’ve read Ubik and Palmer Eldritch as they’re in an anthology I have along with more famous stuff. They’re good.

Has anyone read biff and chip? It was a regular kids series and then they found a magic key that shrunk them and took them on various adventures. I think this is as close as I’ll get!

@zxcvbnm confirmed Tommy Robinson reader

I’ve read Palmer Eldritch but not the others. I’ve also read the JCT 2016 guide @marckee posted above. I think my place in the centre of that particular Venn diagram is pretty secure.

you have to step outside your bubble sometimes my friend.

or

Indeed I have. Many times.