Boring Car Thread

As in, a thread specifically about cars which are boring. We have a boring car because we are not rich/debt-risky enough to go nuts. We are about to get a Renault Megane, which I reckon is actually even more boring than a Ford, and i’m quite pleased with it. It’s a light gold,which in my mind is essentially metallic beige.

Boring cars!!

Which boring car do you own? I can’t emphasise enough that this is not the thread for exciting cars. Perhaps someone with a greater joie de vivre can start that. Again: boring.

Dull car buying thread

My dad had a megane, I mostly learnt to drive it in, brother hated it and called it the postman pat mobile.

Seat Leon Ecomotive. Yes, that is 85 mpg and below the emissions tax threshold, thank you for noticing.

Got it in black for extra boringness, too.

yes. it is pretty large. like, someone has just drawn a car but accidentally built it at a slightly larger scale

I think I might win this thread.

I drive a Ford Focus. It’s the Titanium model, so it’s full of gadgets, making it fully suitable for an old man like myself.

The rear view mirror dims the headlights of people behind me.

Is a 20 year old VW Polo boring enough for this thread? It’s red but has started to fade to pink and the most interesting thing about it is that it sometimes takes a few tries to start :sleeping:

we are already off to a cracking/boring start. fantastic

that last sentence made me chuckle from its boringness. Well done Mr Steve

Peugeot 207,

1.6 litre, mates!

I’m not really into cars, in fact not at all. Could someone explain to me please the stereotypes of drivers associated with each make of car?

welcome friend!!

limply shakes hand

Hyundai i30. BLACK

Boring as fuck. Every time someone asks what car I have, and I hit them with that, the conversation moves on v quickly. Exactly as it should do.

Can I just read you something from Top Gear magazine? No, it’s alright, I’ve got it here, I’ve got it here.

“With a mere ninety break-horse-power available, progress is too leisurely to be called fast, but on the motorway in fifth gear the Megane’s slow pace really becomes a pain. Uphill runs become power-sappingly mundane, while overtaking National Express coaches can become a long, drawn-out affair.”

Not my words, xylo. The words of Top Gear magazine.

Oh, it’s the EcoBoost model, so it’s only 1 litre but somehow goes 130mph (asking for a friend). Also, when I bought it it was suspiciously cheap considering it had only done 2000 miles, but I’ve since discovered moss in odd places (on the car), and it appears to have some damp in the boot.

hope they don’t dent your fine machine

Audi/BMW: cunt
Honda: old

‘what car do I have??? WHAT CAR DO I HAVE??? I’LL SHOW YOU WHAT FUCKING CAR I HAVE!!!’

Kia Niro. In black.

3/5 ratings all round.

Even putting it under a waterfall doesn’t make it look exciting:

what about mercedes (benz)?

Audi drivers are the worst people on the planet, having recently overtaken BMW drivers. Everyone with a personalised numberplate is a cunt, everyone with a ‘zany’ sticker on the back window works in HR, everyone else is boring