Boring Question...

I’ve got to write some blog things for work to get more people to click on our rubbish website.

What are the rules regarding using web images as headers? Can i just nab one? What happens if my piece gets a billion clicks - do i just get a C&D email or do Getty send us a huge bill or what? Are there any getarounds?

Shoot…

There are some sites that do free stock photos - unsplash and pexels are ones i can remember off the top of my head

1 Like

Creative Commons :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Reckon this might be a good site:

Definitely don’t go and just steal an image - the likes of Getty do just send out writs, there’s no smack on the wrists first with them.

1 Like

YOU WOULDNT STEAL A JPEG

2 Likes

Smack on the writs

2 Likes

Nice, I didn’t even realise I’d put those two words so close to each other :smiley:

In Google Images, click on Tools then Usage Rights. There’ll be loads of shit to wade through, but lots of good Creative Commons images via Flickr.

Unsplash - mentioned above - is also good.

Try to avoid stock photos of people as they’re always toothy Americans who smile too much. I work on Scottish public sector websites and have yet to find a suitable stock image of someone with pasty skin or a grimace.

1 Like

There’s a hole in the market here. Let’s get all the Scottish DiSers together for a photoshoot.

1 Like

Pasty and pointing. You’re welcome.

1 Like