Boxing day football

City were an absolute bag of shite for 70 minutes and won 3-0. Can’t argue with that.

Lot of talk about Hull improving, but they aren’t staying up unless they source a striker in January. Mbokani’s just a walking elbow.

Yeah big Dave mbokani wasn’t great

I have an irrational hatred of Dwight Gayle.
Seems like a total bellend.

1 Like

I feel like I’m going slightly crazy re: Neil, literally everyone wants INSTANT CHANGE AND GRATIFICATION and perhaps if I was still living in England I’d agree but I just think we’re being really awful, privileged wanks and didn’t use to be? I dunno maybe I’m talking shite and all English football is like that whether you like it or not…

I’m watching from the Milburn Stand and I don’t especially like him tonight.

Whoever wins this game I doubt it’ll be football.

Crazy that Benitez has gone from managing Real Madrid to losing at home to Sheffield Wednesday in the space of a year.

2016 may have been harshly felt by some, but surely none more so than he.

1 Like

Some fantastic time wasting going on :sleepy:

I was there too. I know we were already well on our way to losing, but FFS Beckford. I’d be interested to know if any other player has ever had 3 minutes between red card.

Don’t think we played quite as badly as 4-1 suggests, though we weren’t great by any stretch of the imagination. They were a far better team, our defence kept switching off and Daniel Johnson was useless.

what did you think of Leeds?

I’ve not seen enough of us on this great bit of form so feel like my judgement is second-hand from radio/twitter/match reports, despite being on TV for at least 50% of it.

From what I have seen, we were outplayed by Brighton and Newcastle (the two games we’ve failed to win in our last 10), lucky/poor against Rotherham, and on a dodgy stream ok against Brentford but a nice bit of steel to get the win. Villa was the only game where it’s felt I’ve experienced the special team that fans are getting so excited about - feels like the best performances are all ones that I’ve only seen highlights of.

Amazing that we’ve got 8 wins out of 10 despite not always being brilliant though, and had tons of injuries. Really very exciting - totally forgot what that felt like.

Very frustrating that all the teams around us also just keep winning too. Newcastle losing to Wednesday ffs.

Newcastle were terrible tonight. We really missed Shelvey but the whole team looked like they were on holiday.

I did correctly pick six of today’s results for a nice £40 of wine tickets.

Jermaine Beckford ;')

https://twitter.com/JamesLUFC/status/813477739248451584

Mentions the time he was subbed off at half time against us for waving to our fans too much.

Hero

Not a fan of that. Could understand if he was a lifelong supporter…maybe, but he’s from London and only signed for Leeds in his mid-20s so it seems a bit…contrived, idk.

has anyone else got no sound on motd?

1 Like

1 Like

I have sound, but hope it cuts out for Alan Shearer.

1 Like

he’ll be disappointed with that

1 Like

No sound on HD. Working fine in standard though

I wish

That Mickeytarman thing wasn’t a goal

It was offside, but it was a lovely finish, so let’s pretend, eh?