Boxing day test at the MCG: after Christmas Turkey comes Dead Rubber! 🦗

Apparently Tom Curran has the nod. Who else is going to be staying up with tms on this festive night?

Oh bloody hell is the cricket back again?

2 Likes

IT WILL NEVER BE FINALLY DECIDED WHO HAS WON THE CRICKET.

(except in this case)

1 Like

Steve Smith has won the toss. This might not be pretty.

Love the Boxing Day Test. No children, cricket all day.

Unfortunately I have not gained any sense of hope for England from the first half hour.

We appear to have gained Hugh Jackman on commentary here.

NZ v WI was looking interesting until it rained, so can’t even offer you that as an alternative.

Warner is annoyingly good at cricket, isn’t he?

Oh England

I saw the first 8 balls and then must’ve literally fallen asleep with my phone in my hand. Woke up this morning with the phone on the floor, BT Sport app still open.

Didn’t miss a lot, evidently.

1 Like

I did say, long before this began, to ignore this series completely.

We then get to lose to New Zealand, Pakistan and India on the bounce, sports fans!

Not entirely sure what happened there but I’m liking it.

It would be nice not to lose 5-0, wouldn’t it?

Just logged onto the score. Looks like a decent fightback from the throwers and then so so beautiful to see Cook throw the doubters’ words back at them.

One of the very best.

Ideally with a 4-1 or 3-2 rather than just managing 4-0 though

You do so realise that this has been one of the days they use to give us a glimmer of hope just to make the inevitable defeat more soul crushing right?

4 Likes

Exceptional analysis!

4 Likes

“my cat” represents Alistair Cook in this analogy and the “meat” is runs.

4 Likes

I’d like to believe that England won’t be 280 all out and Australia won’t be 200-2 by close. But it’s difficult.

1 Like

Cats love cricket tbf you just get to sit around and snooze, then watch people chase colours without success.

1 Like