Boycotts

What companies / brands will you have nothing to do with?

Used to buy Warburton’s bread until I found out they’d given money to the Tories.

Will never buy a Dyson appliance after Brexit. Also like to think I’d avoid going into a Spoons, but if a mate had organised a gathering at one I think I’d struggle to turn it down or persuade them to go elsewhere

Wanted a Sodastream thing until I saw they were one of the companies BDS listed

Hit me with your boycotts

2 Likes

Heck sausages ever since this

11 Likes

7 Likes

Didn’t know this but was boycotting anyway because their vegan sausages are absolutely disgusting.

2 Likes

Most of the products in Tesco

That middle sausage looks like a person.

12 Likes

Air BnB

⬇️

Clearly on a big reputation management push cos my social media is being bombarded with promoted posts about their new local community fund.

But I also (less so) keep seeing a lobbying post about how the Scottish Government’s attempts (late as they are) at restricting their psychotic and destructive business model will damage the local economy. lol fuck off.

Gross company, stop using them. STAY IN A HOTEL.

8 Likes

Amazon
Spotify
Greene King
Sports Direct

Just the ones that have organised, collective boycotts but even then it’s sometimes unavoidable.

1 Like

Amazon
Nestle
Tesco
Asos

There are probably more tbh, made a really positive move to only shop at local independents for most groceries and to only buy clothes from places that treat their manufacturers well.

Also Air BnB

Lots of things I avoid already listed above, some more successfully than others.

I did stop using my nectar card when they started a collaboration with the Mail.

Only really the companies that are easy for me to boycott and require little to no effort on my part, I’m far too lazy to try and do nestle, for example.

Airbnb
Wetherspoons
Ryanair

Also my boycotts are at least as much down to dissatisfaction with the service they provide as it is their ethical standards, I’m nothing if not selfish.

1 Like

Brewdog
Ryanair
Spoons

1 Like

Yeah, Ryanair is an easy one because flying with them has always been a completely fucking miserable experience.

I do get why they’re bad, and I agree with most of it but ‘stay in a hotel’ isn’t a particularly helpful demand to people (myself included) for whom Air Bnb provide a much less expensive and viable alternative and make it possible to go on holiday in the first place.

3 Likes

I use Airbnb but only the spare room option, not a full place.

• This maintains your moral purity
  • Still scum, unfortunately

0 voters

It’s quite specific but I used to use Airbnb mostly for Countdown events because it meant that one of our group who used a wheelchair got the opportunity to stay in a place where he could cook meals and hang out in a ‘normal’ house with the rest of us (he couldn’t visit most of us because of how inaccessible our houses were - my house at the time had steps to enter and then extremely perilously steep stairs down to the bathroom and kitchen - and we couldn’t visit him because his mum had intense anxiety about people visiting their house)

3 Likes

I had a loose “garages and basements” rule when I still used AirBnB, whereby I’d happily stay somewhere if it was probably unfit to be lived in full-time. Stayed in an absolutely lovely place in Texas that was, for all intents and purposes, a garden shed.

3 Likes

Can’t you read, he should have STAYED IN A HOTEL.

2 Likes