Brass Band happenings

Well we won our contest yesterday. It rained, and we were in a shitty field, but we beat some good bands. I’m a big fan of everyone in my band, they’re a great bunch and have got me through some rough times.

If anyone’s remotely interested, someone filmed our programme:

4 Likes

In hindsight, this really didn’t need its own thread. Sorry everyone. Mods, feel free to get rid or lob it in the daily thing.

(this was sat in my unsent posts!)

I’ll watch this later. I do love a brass band though: every Sunday in the summer, there’s a brass band playing on the bandstand of our local park. We’ll quite often take a picnic and listen to the band.

What’s your local park? I always end up playing at Abington Park in Northampton with loads of bands through the summer, as they do the same thing. It’s nice, surprisingly busy even in crap weather.

It’s The Walks in King’s Lynn. Most of the bands come from within a 30-40 mile radius so I don’t think we’ve had anyone from as far as Northampton?

It’s such a lovely relaxing sound on a Sunday afternoon.

1 Like

This is lovely, unfortunately our parks tend to be mostly full of bongo whacking morons. Would much rather stumble across a nice brass band, come play here!

I haven’t, no. I’m not the biggest expert, maybe there is one, but maybe also it’s called something else and just based there? I’ll ask around…

Ok I asked one person and they said “Yes. And they’re really good.”.

So yes. And they’re really good.

To be fair I feel the same when I’m playing…

1 Like