Bread bins

Got this as a moving in present from my previous work for my previous home. (When they were making mad bunce off a UFC game)

I have two potato bags but not a bread bag.

I have a bread bin. Itā€™s metal. It says ā€œBreadā€ on the side. It stops my loaves going stale, but it also allows them to sit unseen going mouldy, and cleaning mould out of it is crap.

I found that bread went stale quicker in the bread bin than out of it. We got rid of ours and now just have a shelf which is predominantly baked produceā€¦ breakfast muffins, crumpets, wraps, bread etc. All of which I donā€™t eat but the kids do.

Yeah itā€™s a weird thing where if I canā€™t see the bread, I forget to eat the bread. I donā€™t have that issue with the fridge or cupboards though.

1 Like

Pair of consistently excellent food and food storage opinion havers

1 Like

My homemade bread doesnā€™t last terribly long before it goes mouldy, and there always seems to be some stealth bread roll hiding at the bottom of the bin spreading mould spores silently around everywhere.

If I had to imagine what your aspirational bread bin would look like, then this is probably what Iā€™d come up with!

1 Like

We keep our bread in the freezer

*runs *

Laugh

1 Like

I keep sliced bread in the freezer. Homemade or bakery bread goes in the bread bag

I have two of those orange Jacobā€™s Crackers Xmas boxes. One is for bread, the other is for biccies/crackers etc. Both live in a cupboard.

Didnā€™t even realise that was a thing! Looks like a decent solution. Big sack of bread

1 Like

I used to have two bread bags but I just threw them out because they went manky. They were ok for about six months. Wouldnā€™t buy again.

We have one of these and it is delightful.

Hi Guys

we started putting ours in the cupboard rather than just on the top and it keeps better and is happier there.

I keep my bread in a draw wrapped in a teatowel

Nah, bread in the press.

My bread bag. Bit more working class than the others on offer.

my bread bag is the bag it comes in

does it need another bag?

Probably not, but mine has handles which are helpful for transporting it.

1 Like