Bread

Just fucking brilliant isn’t it. Life’s too short to make your own, just get it from a bakery or supermarket. Don’t think I’ve ever encountered a type of bread I didn’t like (I know sometimes it has olives in but I can ignore that). Bread.

13 Likes

Very salty, very oily, very herby big old chunk of focaccia for me please.

:drooling_face:

8 Likes

Not a fan of beschuit

Is it served crispy or just dry? Looks OK.

Keep seeds out of bread

4 Likes

Think I could live without bread as long as I was still allowed pizza

Looks like that premade toast you get in hotel buffets abroad

2 Likes

I endorse this message.

1 Like

Can’t beat toasted seeded bread imo. The more the better imo.

7 Likes

imo

2 Likes

You know what is an absolute outrage. Sco’s getting rid of their Three Cheese and Jalapeño Bloomer

I think I can live with some seeds in bread as long as those seeds aren’t poppy seeds which are a really stupid, pointless thing to put in bread IMO

Co-op seem to have stopped doing cheese & jalapeno rolls as well. Something sinister going on iyam.

Yeah they don’t add much.

1 Like

Fucking hate poppy seeds on a loaf. Can’t slice it without getting them fucking everywhere.

^this

It is extremely dry, double baked white bread. You have it cold with butter and hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles) or muisjes (sugar coated aniseed).

1 Like

Sick of sourdough tbf

Also think that “Ciabatta” is pretty shit.

If I ever encounter this, I will come back and edit my opening post. Sounds horrible.

1 Like

Absolutely love it.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. The best days are when you have bread for all 3 meals of the day.

5 Likes

Obvious 10/10 foodstuff.

Some thoughts:

• Freshly baked bread is a pleasure for all the senses (don’t @ me unless you’ve listened to some and didn’t love it)

• The Italians are the best at using stale bread (panzanella, pappa al pomodoro, ribollita…)

• Buttered bread is a real treat.

2 Likes