Breakfast Dealbreakers

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the most important part of a cooked breakfast - Full English/ Scottish Breakfast/ Ulster Fry/ Welsh Equivalent/ Veggie Equivalent etc.

Imagine you order your breakfast and all but one of the components are 7-8/10 good; the other item is 3/10. Which one makes you regard the breakfast as substandard and complain/ never order breakfast there again?

It might be sausage for me.

Fried egg. Too many places leave half the white runny which is a hanging offence for me.

10 Likes

I tend to opt for scrambled if I can. I find fried eggs to be a bit too messy.

2 Likes

Undercooked sausage I reckon.

Beans in those stupid little ramekins.

4 Likes

Microwaved beans that are too hot to eat until you’ve finished everything else.

I’m really only in it for the veggie sausages, beans and hash browns. All else is a bonus.

A lot of places seem to find tomatoes a hard thing to get right. Never miss them if they’re not there.

6 Likes

i think it’s the toast you know

1 Like

It is. I’ve written off several places because literally everything they serve comes on or accompanied by a couple of bits of sad, blackened sourdough.

You really hate sourdough, don’t you?

I’m not normally a fan of this sort of thing but it does stop the bean juice from oozing over everything else. Though as Kermo says, breakfast beans should be slightly overcooked so the sauce is thick enough not to go runny

3 Likes

Undercooked bacon. The sort that looks like it has an oil slick on it and the fat is still soft. Absolute trash that

7 Likes

Nah I like this

1 Like

Bacon needs to be crispy. Anything else is a no-no

2 Likes

This is absolute gospel

6 Likes

Completely done. RIP TILTY.

6 Likes

The answer of course, is scrambled eggs.

If I get brought a plate of watery grey mush it’s a no from me.

Meat sausages are disgusting

6 Likes

opposite for me

2 Likes

Cant think of anything

Coffee is the most important of any breakfast cooked or uncooked.

1 Like