Brewdog! The evil that walks and brews!

Would that include stuff like Beavertown that is owned by Heineken or whoever it is?

Saw a st Austell beer in a supermarket in Thailand the other day

Not sure, Heineken are still technically a minority stake (49% is the rumoured figure).

SIBA do an annual report, probably massaged in their favour:

1 Like

OH, HAVE YOU BEEN ON HOLIDAY M9?!?

5 Likes

Funny ain’t it, I’d say my beer consumption is the exact inverse of those figures (90% beer twat stuff; 10% big brewery stuff)

4 Likes

It’s probably more like 70-30 mass produced - craft for me. Usually have a couple of cans of lager a night, then maybe a tin or two / visit to a craft pub at the weekend.

Same, basically all wanker stuff until you get to a more standard issue night out/limited beer options at a restaurant

Nice branding :eyes:

2 Likes

Probably the first time I’ve said this, but fair play. The branding is naff, but can’t complain when they’re doing something that’s actually decent.

4 Likes

Depends how much they’re charging, I guess.

1 Like

True. Or perhaps it’ll be a “punk equity” exclusive.

Our local office (bottle-o) has Fullers ESB and sometimes Pride. Not sure why just those

Seen reports of a few gin distilleries are doing this too. Maybe I’m being cynical, but it does feel slightly gimmicky and performative to me, if only because normal soap & water is more effective for washing your hands of the virus anyway. Still, if they’re not selling it at a ridiculous premium and it makes folk feel better/safer, I suppose there’s little harm to it

According to the guardian, they’re not charging for it, so fair play.

4 Likes

Opened a MASSIVE bar in Dublin earlIer this year.

Closed this week, laid off all staff.

Fuck. Them.

11 Likes

How punk.

3 Likes

The size of it - they were aggressively recruiting staff from other bars for months too

1 Like

Go down with the ship, is it.

12 Likes

14 Likes

Ahhhhhhh, that didn’t work. Imagine a really rubbish Dido meme