Brewdog! The evil that walks and brews!

Yeah sorry it went a bit beyond that, as @blind_pilot says.

2 Likes

Leaseback arrangements via Watt certainly sounds particularly dodgy, even if technically within the letter of the law.

Another week another fuck up

Lol I did clock in the promos they were saying solid gold when it clearly wouldn’t be. Guess valuation is a tricky business but an actual solid gold can would be worth well more than £15k, surely.

Are fluid ounces the same as normal ounces?

If so gold is £1277.23, 330 mil in fluid ounces is 11.1586

Times them together you get £14255.44

If not i’ve worked that out for no reason

1 Like

Surely this is the kind of thing the ASA gets mad about? It’s beyond misleading and into a lie, typo doesn’t cover that.

An ounce of gold is heavier than an ounce of beer, that’s just a fact

2 Likes

but i can’t believe a solid gold brewdog can weighs the same as one filled with beer

10 Likes

Isn’t it better to work out the dimensions of the can and convert it, idk I’m not a scientist.

@Epimer how much would a block of gold the size of a 330ml beer can weigh and therefore cost

@marckee you like knowing stuff too, have a crack

4 Likes

Yeah it clearly is.

Food £200
Data £100
Solid gold can £15,000
Rent £1000
Utilities £150

Someone Who Is Good At The Economy Please Help Me Budget This My Family Is Dying!!!

13 Likes

I think it’s actually reasonable to assume that the can would be solid gold, but the can only, not the contents, so it’s hollow.

No dice, Watt!

1 fluid ounce is the space taken up by one ounce of water. Other liquids may mass differently.

1 Like

Brewdog are saying the £15k valuation is based on the can’s “rarity”, not what it’s made of…

3 Likes

username post interface

9 Likes

They also said it was solid gold.

3 Likes

Username/thread interface

Edit: FFS

6 Likes

Isn’t liquid gold a brand of poppers?
Is the can full of that?

Replied to the wrong person

They did!

(Sorry, was just trying to be helpful re. working out the valuation. Fuck Brewdog, obvs)

Get your calculator out, we can still crack this