19 Likes

Haha was literally, just looking up this meme

not having this at all…SOLID gold has to be solid and not hollow

can a solid gold bar be hollow?

2 Likes

Then it wouldnt be a can if it was solid gold :exploding_head:

1 Like

well it would be a SOLID can

When you’re talking about gold though, you usually say that something is solid to compare it with something that is gold-plated.

Would you expect to be able to put flowers in a sold gold vase?

1 Like

In the Bank of England they have a gold bar you can touch which weighs about 13kg:

IMG_4213-500x333

I reckon a can is about a quarter of that, in terms of size, making a solid gold can (including contents) around ÂŁ187,000.

what is the most truly punk thing possible?

• actual solid gold as if you’re the fucking queen

0 voters

1 Like

link me to a solid gold vase

Is the can open or closed?

The actual one or the hypothetical solid gold one?

The actual one they sent out and the one in the promotional images they used for the competition.

Looks closed in the pic in the article above

2 Likes

I’m so fucking happy guys, this last couple of weeks has been wonderful. We’ve still got a whole bunch of stories we’re sitting on, so this could keep going for a while if they don’t get their shit in order and quickly. The only annoyance is that it was The S*n who picked up on the gold can thing, we’ve been avoiding dealing with them from the start (for obvious reasons) but they got wind of it outside of our meddling…

Anyway, fucking get it up youse Brewdog; you lying, stealing, abusive sack of shite.

42 Likes

On the BBC now, and the ASA are investigating. Happy days.

We’ve responded too:

2 Likes

Uh huh

2 Likes

Just a heads up but sainos are selling 4 packs of Salt brewery beers for a similar price that they sell Brewdog for. Hopefully Salt aren’t terrible people too but it’s good to have some easily available/ similarly priced alternatives for day to day beer wankering

4 Likes

IPO must be soon then

1 Like

Salt is Ossett Brewery’s craft arm, think still locally owned but dunno.

1 Like

Salt are sound as far as I know

North & Vault City in Tesco too

1 Like