Brexit Thread IV - Negotiations begin (and we're all screwed)

The Brexit department has refused to release key details about the 58 secret studies into how leaving the EU will impact the economy, saying officials need to make policy in a “safe space”.

Bunch of snowflakes.

6 Likes

LITERALLY the week after they said they’re going to outlaw safe spaces in universities. Fucking amazing.

4 Likes

They’ve copied in Vince Cable for some reason.

1 Like

number 3 is pretty much a straight up lie, some errors were recorded during the auditing of EU accounts but they were audited

Leader of the Liberal Democrats (unless this is a wolfcastle.jpg)

It was a wolfcastle, sorry (but I’m sure the info will be of use to some people)

1 Like

Why not? We’ve had just about enough of experts mate.

My first thought was to wonder if I’d missed a DUP leadership change

:neutral_face:

Multi-millionaire Tim Martin could only have my best interests at heart, right? Just like multi-millionaire James Dyson.

Likewise this fella

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/925682313190625280

As much as we should, if someone pulled the plug on brexit there’d be such a ridiculous shitstorm

But not as much an actual shitstorm as leaving.

And think of all the delicious tears of leave voters…

3 Likes

Oh yeah it would be worth the short term pain for the long term gain

5 Likes

Some of those comments are a nightmare, the EU literally published how much money they gave to the BBC on their site and people trying to suggest they’re lying and tweeting at breitbart to start their own investigation :expressionless:

There’ll be a shitstorm anyway from Leave voters when we leave the EU and the non-white people don’t all leave the country and the public services don’t get better. They’ll always be angry because they’ll never get what they want.

4 Likes

To be fair a lot of Leave voters full expect things will get worse in the immediate aftermath of brexit.

this is one of the things i’m most worried by, going into a recession is shit, a depression even worse and all the effects it could have on NHS funding etc.

BUT

the things people were angry about simply won’t be fixed by brexit so that under current of anger at the system won’t be sorted out… can only lead to even more bad things

whole thing is a shitshow from beginning to…well, it’ll probably never end innit

1 Like