Brexit Thread IV - Negotiations begin (and we're all screwed)

FUCK. OFFFFFFFFFFF

Once again, not directed at you @kiyonemakibi!

5 Likes

I don’t understand the cognitive dissonance that says Brexit = national interest but Leo Varadkar wanting no hard border = not national interest. Why is every other country not allowed to put itself first but Britain is?

Because RULE BRITANNIA

3 Likes

This is good on why the border issue is about much more than customs:

Also - why is it the EU doing the leg work of identifying the 142 areas of north/south cooperation and not the UK govt? Lazy fucking bastards.

2 Likes

love the complete shambolic fuckedness of this first paragraph

Home Office officials have privately admitted the department is having problems increasing its immigration staffing levels as part of its Brexit preparations and may have to recruit Polish and other eastern Europeans to help register the 3 million EU nationals in Britain.

I’ve nothing very insightful to add, other than I find the Ireland border issue heartbreaking and I really hope these Tory cunts get what they deserve eventually.

This is real

11 Likes

It begins!

It’s like standing on the beach peering out at the onrushing tsunami

2 Likes

Curious to see how the pro-brexit press spin this one. Could probably make some comment about bankers for the first one, EMA might be tricky though.

Sadly that’s probably accurate.

It’s the evil EU getting revenge.

It simply won’t be reported because it doesn’t fit into the narrative that everything Brexit related is beneficial to the UK.

This inevitably will be the start of a drip drip effect. The fear is now that banks/medicine research will follow the regulation bodies.

So ruddy, ruddy Anglo saxon

All british nationals taking the shuttle from Calais to Dover will be provided with headphones playing The Great Escape theme tune on loop

7 Likes

Didn’t realise it was April 1st already.

I did have to check the date.

Has the general politics thread been deleted or am I losing it?

It’s been accidentally ‘unlisted’. Hopefully one of the mods can work out how to undo this.

1 Like