Brexit Thread V - Only the Best Trade Deals

They’re moving on to phase 2 apparently, so maybe time for a new thread as the Tories and press delude themselves that they’ll be getting great trade deals all round. Feel free to delete/close this thread if you don’t think it’s needed though!

Finally limped out of the group stage, bit of a banana skin in the last 16

1 Like
12 Likes

I wonder if it’s pissing Nick Clegg off to see the DUP having way more influence on the Tories than he ever could.

3 Likes

It really shows up how spineless they were in waving through the austerity that helped to deliver a Brexit vote.

2 Likes

not to mention fucking up PR

3 Likes

I may be misunderstanding this, but it said on one of the reports that the UK had agreed to align with the EU on agriculture, energy, etc. Does this mean we’re basically staying in the single market in all but name, then?

All the regulations with none of the influence. Seems like a wonderful idea.

4 Likes

my understanding is

LEAVE the customs union
LEAVE the singe market
LEAVE the ECJ (with the exception of appeal rulings on EU citizens resident in Britain at the time of Brexiting)

REMAIN fishing & farming quotas
REMAIN energy infrastructure

something like that

though the word ‘alignment’ is a very malleable one

Presumably through the right of NI citizens to also hold an Irish passport? Obviously in the past this hasn’t been an issue as your UK passport would also grant you EU citizenship, but post Brexit this would totally result in a two-tier UK…

1 Like

All those fishermen who voted Brexit so they could catch as many damn fish as they like will be over the moon with that one I imagine.

1 Like

Does that include energy saving lightbulbs? Fucking LOL if so.

4 Likes

probably includes banana curvature in the agricultural policy too

fucking brexit wankers

6 Likes

Makes it easier, given that most of it is owned by other EU countries anyway.

1 Like

AT LEAST WE DON’T HAVE TO JOIN THAT BLOOMIN’ EU ARMY THOUGH RIGHT LADS?!

2 Likes

yeah, I’m sure they were all sharpening their harpoons for the next Cod War

well quite

So…let’s get this right

the Hard Border between the UK & EU is…Gibraltar?

1 Like

That they’re not even using at the moment!

4 Likes