Brexit Thread w/c 11/02

It’s here, your weekly Brexit thread! Come in and let me know why I should stop panicking (or reinforce my terror, whatever). Anyone who wants to chuck out a summary of what’s happening please feel free, I’m a bit busy soz.

Is this still going

3 Likes

Apparently yeah, but it’s a bit fucking BORING at this point. I mean, I suppose the boredom is preferable to the terror

1 Like

Dunno what you mean pal, there’s some EXCORIATING passive aggressive question mark usage in Maybot’s letter to the Corbynator.

Haven’t read May’s letter, but apparently she’s written to Corbyn laughing in his face for coming up with the first Brexit idea that the EU actually were warm to.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/1094850565669076992

Can we not just have a separate politics board, please?

4 Likes

Why has she signed her letter Ron L?

2 Likes

Meaningless Vote Round 2 this week, innit?

2 Likes

You dont have to click every thread. HTH

12 Likes

Ron L
L Ron

This is a Scientologist take over of the whole nation :grimacing:

4 Likes

Ron J, m8. Ron Jeremy is in charge now that a HARD Brexit looks possible.

Hasn’t this been delayed?

May made a concession on environmental and workers’ rights, discounting Corbyn’s idea of automatic alignment with EU standards but suggesting instead a Commons vote every time these change.

Great, can’t ever envision the Commons being against improving standards on those issues.

5 Likes

And I’m pretty sure they already voted against transferring EU law to UK law.

Thought it was the 14th but actually I have no idea.

“Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our mass.”

Absolute prick.

6 Likes

There’s a debate on the 14th which will be meaningless vote 2.0.

I think the end of Feb talk is when the government are saying they’re aiming for meaningful vote 2.0

1 Like

Oh, that gives us a whole month to sort it all out then. Don’t know what everyone’s worrying about then.

fucking hell

11 Likes