Brexit w/c 18 march 2019

“… and I stood by all the way. Well, no longer!”

crosses the floor to sit as the first non-Welsh Plaid Cymru representative.

I’ve been in meetings all day - have the riots started yet?

No, but goo spoons are on standby

7 Likes

Fair fucks to Grieve is giving the government a kicking as well. However…

LEAVE THE TORY PARTY YOU LUNK.

Seriously - if these two had jumped ship with the rest of Tinge, I’d have a lot more respect for them.

1 Like

It started a few days ago. It’s a little south of Darlington now, trudging along the A19.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You’ll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of wheat
You’ll forget the Sun and its mad outcry as we walk in fields of goo

4 Likes

This sounds about right

https://twitter.com/theousherwood/status/1108412410149462016

The pleasing thing about that strategy of course is that you can say the country’s response is whatever you want it to be.

1 Like

Genius! Why hasn’t anyone previously thought of appealing to the electorate (who have no power to do anything absent a second referendum or a general election) rather than Parliament?

5 Likes

If only there was some way of gauging public opinion on a political matter

20 Likes

We just have to believe! Give May your energy and good vibes and she’ll save the day!

Like Goku doing the Spirit Bomb in Dragonball Z, only less realistic

1 Like

So if you follow the “Brexit process as Dragonball Z plotline” as espoused by CTH, where are we now? Is T-May at maximum power yet?

(bear in mind I’ve never watched Dragonball Z)

2 Likes

It’s amazing how the British people always want exactly what May wants. Her approval ratings must be through the roof!

1 Like

May is Vegeta, at that point against Frieza when he thinks he can go Super Saiyan and win, but actually can’t and gets battered and killed instead

That’s from the bit of the show with whole episodes of nothing much and the bad guy transforming like three times into slightly different versions of the same thing, hmm

2 Likes

Everyone in the country has to assemble in a field and the last person standing gets the casting vote.

6 Likes

FFS… This better start some nationwide protests or I’ll be immensely fucked off with this country.

Not necessarily. He stated that an agreed extension is based upon a ‘positive’ outcome of next week’s vote. Positive is a very ambiguous word. Positive could be interpreted as losing by a reduced margin - 30/40 votes - and then the extension could be granted to finally turn those 30/40 votes into a majority.

The EU simply does not want a ‘no deal’ Brexit and it does not want to be blamed for a ‘no deal’ Brexit, so I don’t believe the EU would deliberately crash the UK out.

The threat of a ‘no deal’, however real the threat is, will focus minds next week though. I think you will see many Labour MPs vote for the deal. Again, they don’t want to be blamed by their constituents for the repercussions that a ‘no deal’ will have on their livelihoods.

As I’ve said from the start, May’s deal will pass at some point.

If you’re hoping for Article 50 to be revoked or a second referendum, you’re living in a dream.

1 Like

There’s one happening this Sunday.

Unfortunately, TIG and the LibDems would take it as a tacit endorsement of them if you went though.

Good luck, your weapon is a frying pan.