Brexit w/c 18 march 2019

Really looking forward to May getting on here with a painfully obvious Alt to ask why we think her deal sucks

3 Likes

New cabinet consists of Theresa May, Philip Hammond and a backing track

9 Likes

Can someone do a Ting Tings photoshop

That bloke who played drums in the Ting Tings was roughly the same age as Philip Hammond so it shouldn’t be hard

1 Like

Boris Johnson literally says “fuck business”

Everyone still for some reason: ‘…ah but the tories are the party of business’

1 Like

This is horrible isn’t it?. AFAIK Hammond has had virtually nothing to do with brexit negotiations with anybody over the last 2 years… How come he is suddenly the go to man huh???

Just blatant corruption at the absolute highest level. If someone like Erdoğan was doing similar we’d be instigating regime change.

3 Likes

The Treasury is replaced by the Quickbooks mobile app.

4 Likes

It’s better to understand ‘business’ in this context to mean ‘Money I personally will have to spend on stuff I like’.

3 Likes

That’s a very cynical view. Look at what he said:

Mr Hammond denied that an offer of extra cash had formed part of discussions he held with the DUP on Friday, but added: “Well, look, we are coming up to a spending review and we will have to look at all budgets, including devolved block-grant budgets.”

1 Like

I genuinely think it’s the case for most who would utter the phrase. Taxation means less for a person to spend, which means less business. Labour are the party of taxation, ergo less business. That’s a very simple message the Tories have done a great job drumming into the generation that grew up under Heath and Thatcher.

The total and utter incompetency of this Tory government with the economy is still an ephemeral thing to most of the middle class, and that would have to change in order for that base logic to be shifted.

2 Likes

I always feel the business thing is the opposite, like no one you interrogated could tell you why or even what would be better for business. In a sense it’s only the propaganda thing and all people think is “good for business = good for us all” but it’s a nebulous assumption that capitalism is the best for us all.

Like the idea that May’s going to hold the meaningful vote after the summit where the extension could be approved, as if the EU27 are going to be impressed when we ask for the moon via a mumbled voicemail

Moon you say?

EbljoOS

15 Likes

Playing that game at the moment and I honestly think I’d get on with the main quest quicker and stop dicking around on meaningless side quests if that was the actual moon threatening to obliterate Clock Town

1 Like

Don’t tell me you think saving Clock Town is more important than reuniting Kafei and Anju

2 Likes

David Davis.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, Rees-Mogg has said he would have voted remain if he had thought brexit would lead to the break up of the UK.

I dont understand the “English” view on that. Some are so vehemently against Irish reunification or Scottish independence… Why?

1 Like

It’s all we’ve got left

5 Likes

I think we should all move to gibraltar

1 Like