Brexit w/c 18 march 2019

Fuck it,

I’m just going to lock myself in my room and listen to Radiohead until this nonsense blows over, see you at the apocalypse

1 Like

So they’ve given us an extra couple of weeks to sort shit out.
Anyone wanna give me odds of may delaying MV3 until 11th April

3 Likes

Those pesky unelected eurocrats issuing new timelines having to take into account the euro elections is a irony lost on most brexiteers I am guessing.

2 Likes

My (Brexit supporting) brother had bet £1,000 on No Deal happening this month. I’m clearly devastated for him… Might convince him to do some more bets.

1 Like

Hmm. Some formula of Corbyn (and Stephen Kinnock lol) endorsed EEA/EFTA/Common Market 2.0 could squeak through if considered either that or a No Brexit for anybody. Who knows.

Corbyn himself has been conducting meetings with EU figures about it this week of course, although that may have been somewhat under reported.

The blinder will not be televised.

The decision was as a result of pressure from Murdoch, if I remember correctly.

Something to do with limiting the potential reach of BBC broadcasts under competition rules, I think.

Perhaps. But maybe not at the cliff edge where the calculation for the former is “we’ll lose Brexit altogether” and the latter is “we’ll end up No Dealing by mistake”.

Totally agree. Worst thing that could happen now is for May to not be PM, and be replaced by a proficient leaver. Feeling good again today, here is what is going to happen from here;

Vote next week on “the deal” - MPs vote against it. The press say for the third time “that is surely it for Theresa May’s deal now?” They haven’t got a clue, neither do we.

Then we have the shorter extension into April (or what I am calling Extension 1, as there are going to be lots of these), and by the end of next week it will be all “right, reckon you need a second referendum”, so lets do that and “put this to bed once and for all”

Then that will yield a smallish, but notably bigger than 52/48 win for remain and we can then all move on. Couple of weeks of riots, most MPs have to hire personal security, and then by summer its all off to Majorca for a lovely ol’time.

Cheers.

13 Likes

Yes but there’s, what, 60 of them (40 hardcore)? They’re not an insurmountable parliamentary bloc for a motion which might just get cross-party approval. May’s Deal could have gotten through the Commons with Labour votes and ERG recalcitrance had she managed the process better. Either way this is all empty speculation because it’s not formally on the table yet.

1 Like

Wow look at this

4 Likes

Good times.

1 Like

Kill Barney/Justin Bieber level nostalgia at this point.

2 Likes

look Xylo, everything hinges on your vote. Are you with us for a compromise or against and risking no deal.

Sorry lads, haven’t had my caffeine fix yet today. NO DEAL IT IS!!!

Punching any of David Davis, Boris Johnson and Jacob-Rees-Moog is pretty much the same thing.

2 Likes

My god I wish this image wasn’t so graphic, I’m trying to eat some very chunky peanut butter.

3 Likes

Possibly, but if May thinks she has the charisma to rouse The People as a whole to her side then rotatingthinkface.gif, frankly

The danger is that some lone far-right terrorist dickhead takes violent action, but if parliament bends to appease actual nazi thugs in that (hopefully unlikely) case, then the country is even more fucked than I thought. We don’t negotiate with terrorists, unless they’re Tory/UKIP swing voters, then we do

Absolute disgrace that there’s no mechanism to remove/impeach a PM/government who are acting dangerously (Article 25 but for twats sort of thing)

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone’s pointed out to teresa MPs are actually closer to agreeing on brexit that the general public.

1 Like

Let’s face it, Macron knows better than us wafty bells, so am calling that deal dead v.3.

Its a fucking horror show, but I can’t pretend I am not enjoying it a bit.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

We could have a revolution?