Brexit w/c 18 march 2019

What is a joylon

Attempted the march, had a minor panic attack at the number of people and fled. Highlight was the guy wearing a t shirt saying “Still hate Thatcher”.

5 Likes

Middle class person fixated on remain that hasn’t really considered why the exit vote happened or what the implications of cancelling Article 50 are. Has talked about little else for the last 3 years. Named after Jolyon Maughum.

1 Like

Hope the anxiety is reducing now mate. Good on you for giving it a go.

4 Likes

And Jolyon Green.

Thanks yeah I’m ok now. Wanted to go to see friends I hadn’t seen for ages tbh but it was just too much. Sat having a coffee now waiting to see ‘Us’ in the cinema so :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah I saw one of them, too.

Many in?

More importantly where can I sign the petition given as an example to make describing a casserole with a pastry lid as a pie a criminal offence.

3 Likes

Just watching a helicopter live stream there. Fuck load of people right enough. From parliament all the way up Whitehall, Piccadilly, oxford street and well past Marble Arch completely full of people. Impressive

https://twitter.com/huwlemmey/status/1109418142290333696?s=21

couldn’t stick smoking weed at something like this. being stoned surrounded by jolyons would be a big downer. you know you wouldn’t find comrade types while high, sods law init.

1 Like

You’re thinking of chris leslie

2 Likes

i took a break for 2 days and they all merged into 1 off the rack suit in my head

1 Like

Assume you’ve heard the beautiful story about Blair and chris Leslie?

1 Like

is that where blair wondered why the copy boy was speaking at a meeting or something, and someone had to tell him chris had been promoted in the interim haha

Way better than that. Election night 1997. Labour are doing even better, way better, than expected. At about 3 in the morning a tired Blair is somewhere doing four things at once with the TV on in the background. A labour candidate is unexpectedly winning a seat that’s been Tory for as long as anyone can remember. Blair glances over and says “he looks exactly like the bloke that does Gordon’s photocopying”. And of course that’s because it was the guy that did Gordon’s photocopying, who had been roped in to standing for an unwinable seat in the same way that hundreds of unremarkable and under valued Labour Party staff are in places across the country where no one wants to do it and nobody cares who does.

5 Likes

Stole this from an Instagram story

11 Likes

Went on the march today. These were my favourites DSC_0728

The second one wins the prize for most esoteric reference of the day.

15 Likes

That was fun

4 Likes