Brexit w/c 18 march 2019

Bit subtle for me, this one.

20 Likes

March looks impressive! Would have gone down but I really can’t handle being in big crowds like that.

In other news, the petition’s now at over 4.5 million and the woman who started it has received telephoned death threats. What the actual fuck is wrong with people?

2 Likes

OK so I’ve been out of the country since last Saturday. I see there are 1200 posts here, but I’m assuming it’s all knee poetry and nothing at all has happened during that time, am I right?

Also I think I’ve ruptured my eardrum. Has anyone else ever done that? What does it feel like?

1 Like

Look, a clever man is talking

https://twitter.com/williamnhutton/status/1109422128896634880?s=21

Aaaaaah he’s got you there snowflakes!

1 Like

God the number of FBPEers screaming at Corbyn on Twitter for daring not to go to the march and instead campaigning on issues in a northern town… I almost wish he had gone just to shut them up.

2 Likes

Nah fuck it, apologising/kowtowing to the windmill crowd would be as worthwhile as Ilhan Omar apologising for grilling that schlubby Bush-era Venezuela guy.

Corbyn is never gone win over the kind of bellends that literally had signs saying “I want politics to go back to how it used to be”, and there’s no worth in doing so.

IMG_20190323_131755357

Second one says: “what do we want? The return of the liberal consensus”

Also this good boy was good, amongst others (there was a lovely beagle, and a greyhound with a little A4 handwritten wooferendum sign that this toddler was absolutely loving)

3 Likes

Like this one

24 Likes

Oh god yeah, the number of “hur hur” tweetsvquoting the doorstopping tweet is just… (angry twitches)

Complaining about labour campaigning for ejections that are actually happening in a month rather than doing… something, I don’t even know what they want, for a Brexit march in London and a fictitious second vote is just the most PV thing, really.

1 Like

ejections that are actually happening in a month

We can dream.

2 Likes

The wacky signage is the worst part of all of this. It shows that it’s basically just a jolly day out. I’d like to have seen a million people turn up completely silently, dressed in black, holding flaming torches and surrounding Parliament, preferably while MPs are actually inside.

7 Likes

Complaining about labour campaigning for ejections that are actually happening in a month rather than doing… something, I don’t even know what they want, for a Brexit march in London and a fictitious second vote is just the most PV thing, really.

Ideally whilst dressed as Doctor Who for no obvious reason

1 Like

The Peter Capaldi iteration

1 Like

So, did we get another referendum, lads?

Yep. May saw the Simpsons meme sign and realised the error of her ways. Brexit is cancelled and we’re all off down the pub.

14 Likes

Honestly find glib posts about people going on this (or any) march really stupid.

Edir to elaborate: feel free to lay into people having a go at Corbyn for not being there, but the fact of people going and doing something is in itself fairly energising, and can/does lead to more political activity in general. Just seems really needless to slag people off for it.

Caveat: quite drunk

25 Likes

The march definitely felt a lot busier than previous ones, so I’m glad they’re saying that it’s estimated to be about a million people. It’s unlikely to do anything, but it’s still an attempt of something and nice to be participating.

In other news, my favourite slogan I saw was a photo of the chap from the Fyre festival (you’ll know which one) saying: “who do I have to give a blowjob to get a second referendum?”

2 Likes

what’s everyones favourite thing that people sing at protests?
i like siamo tutti antifascisti

Bollocks to Brexit

1 Like

is that really your favourite? reckon it’s my least