Brexit w/c 25th March - Who the fuck knows what's happening now.

As per title. May is fucked, the Tories are fucked, we’re all fucked.

Fucked.

Make everyone feel better :slight_smile:

Go!

4 Likes

Early Smiths lyrics etc etc

2 Likes

Getting increasingly annoyed by Labour moaners saying “Corbyn’s not doing enough” when they mean “Corbyn’s not doing what I want.”

Also, fuck the tories. Fuck them all to fuck.

10 Likes

IndyRef2 now etc

2 Likes

I owe you an email! Fuck

1 Like

So many awful hot takes on them being out campaigning this weekend, as if actual elections that are taking place in five weeks shouldn’t have some priority over a fantasy referendum.

“Corbyn’s in Morecombe, talking to probable actual Brexit voters! Why isn’t he in London marching to solve Brexit!!!” ffs in the bin with you all

12 Likes

something very pleasing about this combination of words

13 Likes

Really enjoying all the talk of May being removed to make way for a ‘caretaker PM.’ When the building is on fire you need more than a caretaker to sort it out. Especially when that caretaker is 100% nailed on to be an absolute bastard.

8 Likes

Felt a ray of hope when this business kicked off, then had a look at her cabinet and was like ‘oh yeah, the only possibility is for things to get worse’.

1 Like

The one saving grace is that there’s not a single person the Tories can actually agree on to lead them.

1 Like

To the tune of Gordon is a Moron

It’s fair to say that every classroom has only ever seen behaviour improve and productivity increase when under the authority of a supply teacher.

19 Likes

It’s really depressing. If that’s the best and brightest of all of us we might as well just sell the whole country off to whichever middle eastern oilballers fancies bulldozing the whole thing and turning it into a Britain theme park.

I just feel so hopeless.

12 Likes

Also irks me that they project their stance onto the party. There were millions of labour voters who voted to Leave, the manifesto said they would pursue the best brexit they could - just because you want to remain, doesn’t mean the whole party does.

I wish Corbs was a full warrior-remainer, but I don’t get annoyed at him for not being.

3 Likes

More like this I reckon:

Don’t pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang
Corbyn’s in Morecombe!
Don’t even bang unless you plan to hit something
Corbyn’s in Morecombe!
Don’t pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang
Corbyn’s in Morecombe!
Don’t even bang unless you plan to hit something
Corbyn’s in Morecombe!

3 Likes

Quick summary what could happen this week:

• MV3: extremely unlikely. May’s plan to put her deal to a vote again is dead in the water. It sounds like she’s not even gonna try anymore
  • May forced out: unlikely. The talk of a coup at the weekend has been rebuffed, despite certain newspapers calling for her head. She’ll survive, for now.
  • Indicative votes: likely. This is the process where the MPs trying to figure out if there’s a majority for a deal that isn’t May’s deal
  • Brexit delayed: very likely. Parliament will have to vote this week to change the so-called “Exit Date” in the EU Withdrawal Act to 12th April. Remember, if they don’t do that, we leave the EU on Friday, without a deal.

The first important vote in the House of Commons is tonight at 10 PM, which should lead to parliament taking control of the Brexit process.

4 Likes

Aye saw loads of ‘I thought Corbyn loved a good protest’ placards and stuff like that. One just said ‘Where’s Jezza?’ which I tried not to take personally.

4 Likes

Party members are different to party voters, which is different to populations in party seats, but it’s still baffling that people can’t appreciate that keeping the pressure on the government through high polling numbers is a huge juggling act

https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1109935142834003969

5 Likes

I don’t know how much stock to put in it, but I’d read that May was currently proposing to not go for indicative votes in parliament, or even government, and instead was going to do in cabinet only.

That would fit with her repeated progressive marginalisation of parliament, then her MPs, then her government in favour of the cabinet, but I can’t see her being able to swing that one.