Brexit w/c 25th March - Who the fuck knows what's happening now.

If the petition is ignored

Just start a second meaningful petition

25 Likes

Worth keeping in mind Tess’s essential perspective on this:

1. If she manages to pass her deal, her place in history is assured. If she doesn’t, she’ll be an unfortunate footnote to Cameron.
  2. Her deal is overtly cruel towards EU immigrants and the foreign-born, something we must consider an ideological goal for her.
  3. Her own party decided against dethroning her. The right wing press are on her side, and amplifying her message of the HoC vs. the people. She might be hated by her own kind, but her essential authority with them remains intact. A lot of her party rightfully fear who might possibly replace her.

Within this mindset, forcing through her deal with the promise of stepping down afterwards makes complete sense to her.

3 Likes

Can we agree as a culture to start a meme where we credit David Cameron as the architect of the deal

1 Like

Or some obscure 17th century figure bc it would be funnier

So Theresa May’s place in history is obscured by attempts to attribute it to John Coxon (pirate) - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Something about (pirate) on the end of that URL gave me the giggles

6 Likes

Needs two more signatures

I enjoyed learning that he was friends with this good lad

He died in London in 1705.[ citation needed ]

“Citation needed”. Might still be alive

13 Likes

after I took the screenshot it went up to

but I wasn’t quick enough to grab it unfortunately

1 Like

because she’s a sociopath

I’ve just had insider info on May’s MV4 blinder

6 Likes

16 Likes

May is the very worst embodiment of the ‘conviction’ politician. There is no logic to anything she does, just an unshakeable conviction that she is right. This is shored up by her past experience of if she sticks to her guns and doesn’t budge, eventually other people give up and she gets her own way. It is a strategy that has served her all her life. She sees it as strength, but it is a cover for a frightening lack of emotional intelligence.

2 Likes

The DUP method, essentially

2 Likes

:blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart:

https://twitter.com/chakrabortty/status/1112336337795985408

1 Like

The idea that someone running off with a ceremonial bit of tin would bring a nation’s parliament to a halt would be quite funny, if not for the fact that it actually would stop them from sitting.

6 Likes

Totally normal country.

5 Likes

@moderators

1 Like

Please continue the brexit chat in the new thread :+1: