Brexit (w/c 4 March)

25 days until the UK leaves the EU. Or is it?

Should be a relative quiet week for project Brexit, with the meaningful votes penciled in for next week.

The government is throwing some cash (1.6 billion over 4 years) at regions in the North and Midlands that voted Leave, in a blatant attempt to convince the local Labour MPs to vote for May’s deal.

Meanwhile the government will spend another week in Brussels trying to renegotiate the backstop, undoubtedly with little or no success.

Any other AOB?

15 Likes

Found this really helpful graphic

31 Likes

This is probably the most damning thing of all.

3 Likes

For a bit of light relief, here are two Irexit campaigners my mate ran into in Cork a while back. Both were from the U.S.A. I doubt they got much interest ni what they were pushing.

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

Ohhhhhhhh I get it now.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1102511527104520193

Classic ‘bus numbers’ (wow £1.6bn such a big number!!)

Also heard this morning that it’s less than Stoke council have had to reduce their budget by this year.

Other shocking news from this morning: apparently the steel-trap legal mind of Geoffrey Cox is not having much success at negotiating away the backstop. Some brave pundits are even going out on a limb to suggest that maybe he won’t actually manage it at all!

2 Likes

Gareth Snell is quoted on this in the Graun piece - it’s since 2010.

1 Like

I definitely want a customisable MAGA hat for my local village of about 500 people

1 Like

You could have your own personal one: MWGA.

MFPGA*

You’re sponsored by the Fiat Panda now?

Fruit Pastilles!

1 Like

Do I need to … ?

1 Like

#bestmod :trophy:

1 Like

Britexit? Please amend thread title accordingly

2 Likes

Top work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: