Broadcast

Wow there’s a whole bunch of new Broadcast releases - sessions, tour only releases etc.

Anyone heard these before? I was trying not to buy too many records…

13 Likes

Broadcast were so good. Perfect Autumn music imho.

9 Likes

Always loved Come on Let’s Go but never explored them much outside of that, decided to do so a few weeks back and I’m having a lovely time.

Got the microtronics 3inch cd and its pretty good. definetly looking forward to the sessions in particular, read a glowing review of all 3 in uncut magazine the other day.

Microtonics sounds right up my street.

whoa, holy shit - good find! massive fan, but never heard these things before, so am intrigued!

1 Like

This is A Good Thing.

Looks like the Microtronics cd is all of the tracks from the two volumes of mini cds that came out a while back. More sketches and ideas than fully fledged tracks tbh (most of the tracks are about 1.30 long) but still great.

Mother is the Milky Way is a tour cd. Called an EP but it’s album length. It’s brilliant. Copies currently go for about £150 on Discogs, so great that it’s being made available again.

The Maida Vale stuff looks great too. First 11 tracks are from two Peel Sessions and a Steve Lamacq session recorded between 1996-2000. Don’t know where the other tracks are from.

Massive thanks for the heads up - so great to have more Broadcast even if it is archive stuff. Miss them so much

4 Likes

There’s a bundle of them all (cd or vinyl) on bleep BTW

2 Likes

Nice overview of the records too: https://bleep.com/release/269072-broadcast-broadcast-bundle

Oh great. Now I’m sixty quid poorer

Yup. Will be nabbing all three of these. Broadcast were immensely special.

Got back into Broadcast last year after a long time not listening to them, so this has come at the perfect time.

This is possibly my favourite Broadcast release. So good.

1 Like

Ooh nice

have just stuck Tender Buttons on. Ain’t listened to this in fuckin ages. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The best band ever. Change my mind.

Awesome. Hadn’t expected there to ever be more Broadcast. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

There was recording made for another album, but they’ve since said that’ll never been released. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those ideas filtered into the Children of Alice album

Looking forward to saving this up for the right time.

1 Like